Why become a member? ×

NBD - Roscoe Century Signature 5

Bobthedog

As a result of a trip to Bass Direct this morning, I am now the very proud, if not somewhat poorer, owner of a Roscoe Century Signature 5 bass!

Exhibition Quilt Maple body (aqua finish) Maple neck (35") with a Purpleheart centre lamination and Wenge stringers. The fingerboard is Spalted Purpleheart w/Sapwood.

Aguilar OBP-3 pre amp with Aguilar DCB humbuckers.

Irrespective of all that, the sound and playability are just awesome and more. I tried several other of BD's high end kit but came back to this every time. The B is piano like in quality and well just wow!.

Pics to follow, meanwhile I hope the shop won't mind me using a couple of theirs:

Edited by Bobthedog

I just found this and this entirely sums up my experience. I went in hoping to fall in love with the Spector NS5 XL or the Dingwall Z1 5 but, whilst they are great guitars, the Roscoe is the one that blew [u]me[/u] away:

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1419011543' post='2635744']
well i nipped down to Bass Direct this morning with the intention of buying a lovely Spector Euro LX5 in a lovely plumb gloss colour.
the Spector was very nice & i was going to buy it until i was passed a rather nice Roscoe Century 5
oh bugger it was love at first play,it is an amazing bass,i have never played a bass anything like this before,suddenly the Spector wasn't as nice as it first seemed.
the Roscoe is beautifully made,plays like a dream & the sound,OMG the sound it blew my mind,absolute perfection i bloody well love it.
i had no intention of even looking at the Roscoe basses but hey i now own one,it cost me slightly more money than i planned to spend but frankly i don't care,it was well worth every penny so own such a beautiful instrument.
top class service at Bass Direct,well worth the 300 mile round trip (yes i am knackered after setting off at 5:25 am) i can't stop playing it & don't really need to sleep,do i ?
[/quote]

Edited by Bobthedog