Why become a member? ×

NBD I went for it!

Joebethell

So after a short trip south of my home county of Staffordshire yesterday I have come back with a stunning Bass. I set off with the intention of only doing the the deal if the bass was right as as my hard earned and othe basses would all have to go to afford the bass.

So what is it? Well if you spotted my recent post you may well have guess it's made by a Mr Jon Shuker.

To be more precise it's a 33" scale 5string buckeye burl single cut. It had a 28fret ebony board, 3band eq with a Mid sweep and more growl on the rear pickup than I thought possible. I will take some better photos when I get chance as the level of finish is incredible it's up there if not better than some high end basses I have owned before.

I am over the moon with the bass having given it a good play last night at its first gig all the band commented on how good it sounded which is a first and if I had not been stuck at work today it would not have been put down.

Edited by Joebethell

Have got to playing this a bit more over the last few days and it's getting better and better as I get more acustom to it. The bass has a really nice Low action and the main thing I have had to get used to is the ramp as its my first time with one.