Why become a member? ×

Unexpected NBD: Thumbs up!

Raslee

Well, i had my Spector Rebop (admittedly roadworn) and Fender Kingsman up for sale here with little progress. I advertised them both locally this weekend and rather quickly got offered a beautiful and well looked after 2006 Warwick Thumb BO4 for the two. Initially I was a little skeptical having never tried a Thumb and years ago I used think what a Fugly looking piece of wood they were.

Anyhow, lovely local basser who I'd never met before turns up at my gaff earlier today, we get on well, i try the thumb and we agree on the exchange..... And to be honest I haven't put the bass down since! I'm not sure if its the electrics but it seems leagues ahead of my Warwick Corvette, i assume that had cheaper electronics and despite having since changed them for Bartolini's I'm still not totally happy with the Corvette sound wise - however I'm hoping the incoming arrival of an ACG pre shortly should solve that.

But back to the Thumb, bloody wow, solid tone, amazingly built, massive sustain and a great range of solid defined tones...did i mention great tone - perhaps this must be the real Warwick tone people talk off ??? or is that a myth ???. I'm surprised how much i like this, very suprised.....but we're on the honeymoon start I guess. But it just goes to show the bass you don't know can knock your socks off sometimes...that said it'll probably be up for sale in a month being the fickle number 3 bass changer that i am...got an early feeling though that this one could move up to the number two spot....thumbs up!

[attachment=206213:IMG_8039.JPG]

Edited by Raslee