Why become a member? ×

Hello from Newcastle via Glasgow & Arran

Tibz

Hello Basschat! Got directed here by a fellow bassist when I mentioned some projects I'm wanting to do.

First off:[list]
[*]23 year-old multi-instrumentalist, but chiefly a bassist.
[*]Own 3 three basses: Ibanez SR505; Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass HB; Epiphone Viola Bass
[*]Two rigs: TC Electronic BH250 head with RS112 cab (current); Behringer Ultrabass head with Peavey 2x10 cab (old busted).
[*]Bassist in [url="https://www.facebook.com/thepastures"]The Pastures[/url]
[/list]
I have two planned projects involving two of my basses.

#1. Fairly simple - add a second pickup to my Jaguar. The current pickup is cool for what it does (kind of trebley snarl), but I also want something closer to a Jazz Bass pickup closer to the neck, but also an active like the current one.

#2. Probably ridiculous and not worth it, but I want to turn my Viola Bass into something of a tiny upright bass. I intend to make it fretless, and use a piezo pickup (or similar) to hopefully take advantage of the hollow body.

Plus, it's always good to network with other bassists :)

Edited by Tibz

Welcome from another Newcastle bassist, if you're in need of any contacts for tech's to carry out routing or wiring just shout, we've got a few really top people locally. I'd expect that there might be a bass bash in the not too distant future as well so you could come along and meet some of us in person.

have you seen the North east bass bin group on facebook yet?

Matt

Cheers for the warm welcome guys :) I'm gonna do some digging around on the forum to see what tips people have suggested for projects similar to mine (defretting for example). Also just went and joined North East Bass Bin at your suggestion Matt :D A meet-up would be awesome too!

• 4 weeks later...

Via Glasgow and Arran

Arran sure is a beautiful place ...

one of my favourite anecdotes comes from Arran
guy who stayed next door to us(keys from a cottage were kindly given to us from friends who had a cottage in Arran) liked a good drink
his wife was getting irate with him coming in pissshed every night finally threw him out the house after a night on the tiles
guy come home completely legless ..manages to make it into bed ...soon after wards realises hes bursting for a pish ...
gets out the bed opens her wardrobe door and lets loose on all her clothing hanging up in said wardrobe
poor guy was that oot the game he thought he was in on suite ........ooooooooooooooft