Why become a member? ×

Metal to the Masses (M2TM)

MacDaddy

Did M2TM last year.

It's not a con or a pay to play, it is a popularity contest. The more people you take to support you the more votes you get and therefore progress through the heats to the final.

We didn't get through as we opted, prior to my arrival in the band, to play the Wolverhampton heat rather than our local Mansfield heat.

Not sure if we're going for it this year. This thread has just reminded me to chat to the guys about it.

Good luck and keep us posted if you get to the festival. I'm going anyway.

• 1 month later...

We competed in that a couple of years ago. Well, I say we, I couldn't make the first heat due to being away on holiday so the band entered as a duo irrespective of the fact that if we won I wouldn't be able to make Bloodstock due to work commitments.

So this is all second hand information but the other two had a good time playing in 2 heats and the band that eventually won enjoyed playing and seemed to be fairly warmly received. It is a bit of a popularity contest / battle of the bands setup but that's the nature of the beast, isn't it?

Played the London heats two years ago. I know Mick the guy promoting the shows in London, and he is a top notch promoter with a great sense of humour. We weren't really heavy enough to be typical Bloodstock material, but had a good gig. Best bit was our then singer, an extraordinarily pretty young Italian girl, selling loads of our promo CDs to the predominantly male audience - we normally just give them away!

Edited by chriswareham

We're through to the semi-final of the Irish part. 30 minutes isn't a whole lot of time when you're playing low tempo doomy stuff. We were told the sets would be 20 minutes but, a couple of days beforehand, they bumped it up to 30 so we added one extra song :lol:

Edited by Doctor J

[quote name='Dapper Bandit' timestamp='1454399947' post='2969257']
It is a bit of a popularity contest / battle of the bands setup but that's the nature of the beast, isn't it?
[/quote]

It was our first gig and we didn't take that many people, so we must have won over the crowd :)[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='colgraff' timestamp='1454399986' post='2969258']
Fantastic news. Well done.
[/quote]

[size=5][quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1454404792' post='2969312'][/size]
[size=5]ah many congrats [/size] :)

[size=5]I intended on going to this and totally forgot about it![/size]

[size=5]Glad you got through without my vote![/size]
[size=5][/quote][/size]

[size=5] [/size]
[size=5] [/size][size=5]Thanks :)[/size]

[size=5] [/size][size=5]Maybe see you at the next one? ;)[/size]