Why become a member? ×

If only he'd used a real Rickenbacker ...

Happy Jack

Surprised if he gets a couple of million out of them, were they that big? a couple of number 1 albums and a dozen or so top 20 singles? Actually I just checked and about 8 of original studio albums went Gold but no higher. So they made some money but I think old Pete's still being a bit optimistic.

Edited by KevB

Apparently he gets a full share of royalties for material created in the periods he was in the band (12.5%)but only 1.25% for stuff created after he left. This would seem a good deal to me to be fair and it could be said he's taking the proverbial, asking for a share of material he has nothing to do with.
This information is from the other 3 ppl tho so maybe best took with a pinch of salt.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1448988610' post='2919849']
Surprised if he gets a couple of million out of them, were they that big? a couple of number 1 albums and a dozen or so top 20 singles? Actually I just checked and about 8 of original studio albums went Gold but no higher. So they made some money but I think old Pete's still being a bit optimistic.
[/quote]

£7.8 million in the last four years, apparently!

Amazing. Top marks to their marketing people. Never made it all the way through a 'best of' myself. ;) Had a quick look at the details for their last studio album, lots of collaborations which will no doubt bring in interest from fans of those other artists involved. I agree that it's a bit cheeky claiming royalties from work done after he's left and has had no input into, if that is indeed the case.

Edited by KevB

Interesting, not really about royalties more about company rights & control.

If this were just basic music royalties I'd say he didn't have a chance (assuming the others are telling the truth) but really this is asking; can a company transfer all rights to a different one without full board approval? I don't know but it seems a bit silly of them to me, they should have left the old rights in the old company & just put the new stuff through the new co. I kind of understand why they did it (either for ease of admin or they did actually want to put the boot in) but it seems they've created more work for themselves.

Be interesting to see the outcome.