Why become a member? ×

Illiteracy is essential

Happy Jack

[quote name='AinsleyWalker' timestamp='1449496096' post='2923988']
" I plan one the bad creating a youtube channel so we can create cover video untill we have a fan base, and then the next step is getting signed!"

Bish bash bosh, simple as that !
[/quote]

It's going to be fun trying to figure out the band's lyrics, once they get around to writing their own. :blink:

[color=#474747][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4]I'll be the roundabout[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#474747][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4]The words will make you out 'n' out[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#474747][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4]I spend the day your way[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#474747][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Call it morning driving through the sound and[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#474747][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4]In and out the valley[/size][/font][/color]

What has long-lost youthful exuberance got to do with illiteracy?

I can cope with the brain dead "weez gonna do bandz stuff n b da graytast" conceptual nonsense, but the complete inability to spell, use grammar, or form a coherent sentence before spraying this stream-of-consciousness sh*t all over t'Internet is just plain irritating.

:rolleyes:

Having spent time in close proximity to the education business, about 40 years, these days, a lot of teachers can't spell and don't know their grammar.

Last month, in a class taken by a deputy head the kids were asked to come up with rhyming words. One said "smile" and "crocodile".

The teacher said "don't be silly that doesn't rhyme"!! True story.

I blame league tables for teacher training colleges. Teachers aren't allowed to fail because it's bad for business.

[/serious]

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1449227831' post='2921700']
Incidentally, a quick search on the social media shows that 5 Seconds of Summer - the one in the pic - is a huge band. They've apparently been touring the world and have millions of FB likes.

[url="https://www.facebook.com/5secondsofsummer/"]https://www.facebook...econdsofsummer/[/url]

It's emphatically [b]not [/b]the band these kids are trying to form.
[/quote]Isn't it mad how band popularity used to be measured in numbers of records sold. Now it's number of FB likes!

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1450090677' post='2929406']
Having spent time in close proximity to the education business, about 40 years, these days, a lot of teachers can't spell and don't know their grammar.

Last month, in a class taken by a deputy head the kids were asked to come up with rhyming words. One said "smile" and "crocodile".

The teacher said "don't be silly that doesn't rhyme"!! True story.

I blame league tables for teacher training colleges. Teachers aren't allowed to fail because it's bad for business.

[/serious]
[/quote]

Some teachers had no sense years ago. Never mind grammer.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-town-rejects-solar-panels-amid-fears-they-suck-up-all-the-energy-from-the-sun-a6771526.html

• 2 weeks later...