Why become a member? ×

Illiteracy is essential

Happy Jack

Incidentally, a quick search on the social media shows that 5 Seconds of Summer - the one in the pic - is a huge band. They've apparently been touring the world and have millions of FB likes.

[url="https://www.facebook.com/5secondsofsummer/"]https://www.facebook.com/5secondsofsummer/[/url]

It's emphatically [b]not [/b]the band these kids are trying to form.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1449227831' post='2921700']
Incidentally, a quick search on the social media shows that 5 Seconds of Summer - the one in the pic - is a huge band. It's emphatically [b]not [/b]the band these kids are trying to form.
[/quote]

This is par for the course on Gumtree. People will post pics of bands they want to be like. So a rock band might post a pic of Led Zep, for example.

Just another manifestation of the wannabe delusions that surround the 'musicians wanted' scene.

Sincerely
John Paul Jones

Edited by discreet

I love that the musical model for kids now isn't form a band, write some songs, do some gigs, get signed, get huge... Rather it's cover some Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber songs, stick them on YouTube...

Summer Of 69, Livin On A Prayer, Rock n Roll Band, So You Wanna Be A Rock Star, Into The Great Wide Open would be such different songs if someone had written them today!

PS I couldn't resist checking. She now has a YouTube channel. First Bieber song uploaded. Solo only, no band yet. Bless. Mind you, at least she's learning guitar and has taken some initiative.

[quote name='TrevorR' timestamp='1449302942' post='2922323']
Summer Of 69, Livin On A Prayer, Rock n Roll Band, So You Wanna Be A Rock Star, Into The Great Wide Open would be such different songs if someone had written them today!
[/quote]

They may never even have been written, wouldn't that have been a loss..........he says sarcastically :).

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1449319526' post='2922544']
Handy they can miss out gigging, going from just covers on youtube to being signed. Saves having to buy a PA!
[/quote]

Kidz prefer to live their lives online anyway, so it's ideal. ;)

Getting signed is probably one of the worst things a band or artist can ever do.
It pretty much always ends in tears. Or resentment, at least.

I think Gumtree insists on a picture with each advert now, so for adverts which are not an item for sale, you've still got to come up with some sort of picture. Last time I posted one, I just used a picture of my double bass. It didn't do me much good though - I'm not convinced that Gumtree adverts are a worthwhile way to find other musicians. The majority of responses are either for something completely different or are from people who start out sounding enthusiastic but then go quiet after the first couple of messages.

Edited by Beer of the Bass

[quote name='TrevorR' timestamp='1449302942' post='2922323']
[/quote]

And this would be a bad thing?