Why become a member? ×

Now then..

leemarseillebass

Well, probably should have done this a long time ago but better late than never. I'm Lee, originated from the depths of Wigan where I played with Riff Raff which became Northern Riot, a cover band that was huge fun to play in. After that i joined a newly reformed Marseille with the chap off telly playing lead guitar - comical/great/ridiculous in equal parts. Good fun. I've had a few basses - mainly Yams but stuck with my Attitude 2, it's still my favourite instrument by far. I moved to Gateshead, I've since played a gig with Eric Martin, well, 4 songs and it was a bit surreal. Tremendous stuff. In Marseille I used an Ampeg 450 head with the 610...huge and brilliant but pointless in a way, spent more time turning it down. I've had some Hy-Drive units but struggled with the brashness, they were great with regular basses but with my Yamaha it was too shrill so went back to smaller Ampeg combos. I'm all about the mids...I compress both channels separately, I distort the split P channel slightly but keep the 'big', much like Mr Sheehan. The guy's a genius with tone. I've done various bits of random fills, studio stuff - cannot read music and as such I've learned to learn stuff pronto, improvise like a good un...

And me and my Mrs have a Lhasa called Lola who sits in front of the amps while I play - what a top, top dog she is :)

Cheers chaps and chapettes, I enjoyed that 12 minute waffle just now x