Why become a member? ×

Who's making the best Precsions now?

nash

[quote name='nash' timestamp='1449751997' post='2926479']
It's looking like that's my plan. Are the newer rectangle cases they come with good?

I'll probably put an EMG in any Pbass I get. I like how consistent they sound.

I'm not one to be totally precious with my basses but with my old one I am getting that way. It has plenty of scars but I just want to minimise the chance of losing it.

Thanks for all the comments.
[/quote]g&l lb100 comes with emg pup

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1449744580' post='2926385']

I disagree - the OP admits he's a bit out-of-the-loop. This thread will probably alert him to a number of options he wasn't familiar with previously.
[/quote]

I disagree again, look at the multitude of suggestions!

[quote name='gareth' timestamp='1449775316' post='2926774']
michael I thought you were a fender man?
[/quote]

I still am... kind-of.

I've still got my '71s, but I stumbled across Maru.. err, I mean them who must not be spoken - earlier this year when I was looking for a specific spec P. I was properly blown away and I've barely touched the Fenders since.

If Fender did anything comparable I would have been there first, but they don't, so...

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1449773181' post='2926742']
Maruszczyk do something similar for about £650...

[/quote]

Oh my! These would be right what I'm looking for if they weren't on the skinner side at the nut, would really have to play one.I

I'm currently looking for a P to hot rod or a P style bass as my new main bass in a new project, but I'm yet to find something suitable anywhere with a nut bigger than 40mm. I'm used to 44mm. Anything less than 40mm feels a little uncomfortable to me, which is why I don't get on with Jazz basses. Alas, my search continues! I absolutely love the Yamaha BB basses, but the neck I don't gel too well with, though may resort to just bucking up on that one!

Edit: Could some one divulge a little further into their ordering experiences in terms of what options are available? I've seen wateroftyne's thread on his NBD - Maruszczyk Jake PJ and it has me curious. The bodyshape looks a little funny to me on the lower horn to me, but if the rest fits, I can more than live with that!

Double Edit: The body shape is already growing on :lol: :P

Edited by AttitudeCastle

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1449783766' post='2926887']
Oh my! These would be right what I'm looking for if they weren't on the skinner side at the nut, would really have to play one.I

I'm currently looking for a P to hot rod or a P style bass as my new main bass in a new project, but I'm yet to find something suitable anywhere with a nut bigger than 40mm. I'm used to 44mm. Anything less than 40mm feels a little uncomfortable to me, which is why I don't get on with Jazz basses. Alas, my search continues! I absolutely love the Yamaha BB basses, but the neck I don't gel too well with, though may resort to just bucking up on that one!

Edit: Could some one divulge a little further into their ordering experiences in terms of what options are available? I've seen wateroftyne's thread on his NBD - Maruszczyk Jake PJ and it has me curious. The bodyshape looks a little funny to me on the lower horn to me, but if the rest fits, I can more than live with that!
[/quote]

Just tell 'em what size neck you want and they'll do it. They nailed the chunky profile of my '71P (41mm nut, 24mm thick).

I might be wrong, but I [i]think [/i]what you're noticing about the lower horn is actually the pickguard shape. Fender's taper to a sharper point.

Whilst there are lots of amazing Precision basses out there (this thread is a little like 'Which family car is best'), I can comment on my experience with ordering from Maruszczyk.

Adrian will be your point of contact, and whilst there is a slight language/translation barrier and some short answers every now and then, Adrian is so incredibly helpful and fast at replying he's a true credit to the brand! He has made the process very quick and easy.

My build has been 13weeks and 3 days from deposit paid to arriving with me (tomorrow), a little longer than most of a similar spec on here, but I did have some non-standard custom options. From a customer service and ease of use point of view, couldn't recommend them enough.
I'm very much looking forward to getting my hands on it, I'm confident it'll be great though as, like Michael, I'm coming from a '71 Precision.

The other suggestions I'd have are:
- Find an awesome 70's Precision
- Get a Mike Lull (not tried a bad one)

Both those options cost more than the Maruszczyk, but will be awesome :)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1449790169' post='2927002']
Whilst there are lots of amazing Precision basses out there (this thread is a little like 'Which family car is best'), I can comment on my experience with ordering from Maruszczyk.

Adrian will be your point of contact, and whilst there is a slight language/translation barrier and some short answers every now and then, Adrian is so incredibly helpful and fast at replying he's a true credit to the brand! He has made the process very quick and easy.

My build has been 13weeks and 3 days from deposit paid to arriving with me (tomorrow), a little longer than most of a similar spec on here, but I did have some non-standard custom options. From a customer service and ease of use point of view, couldn't recommend them enough.
I'm very much looking forward to getting my hands on it, I'm confident it'll be great though as, like Michael, I'm coming from a '71 Precision.

The other suggestions I'd have are:
- Find an awesome 70's Precision
- Get a Mike Lull (not tried a bad one)

Both those options cost more than the Maruszczyk, but will be awesome :)

Si
[/quote]
Si have you owned a Lull? If so I'd love to hear how the Maruszcyck compares, I'm after a new P and like many, Fender just doesn't seem to offer what I want anymore, Lull and Maru are the ones at the top of my list.

Squier. Take it with a pinch of salt, but since I got my Matt Freeman I've been entirely GAS-free. I like it better than the US Standard Precision I had a few years ago which was also very nice. For me the Squier is the best, but what's best for me may not be best for you etc etc.