Why become a member? ×

Innovation Silver Slaps and Golden Slaps

Happy Jack

I've just had a heads-up from Clarky that Innovation have [i][b]ceased production[/b][/i] of these strings.

Once existing stocks have gone, as things stand at present that's it ... there won't be any more.

These are my favourite strings and I have them on both my DB and my KK Baby Bass. At £105 a set they ain't cheap, but even so I have immediately ordered another set against the day when I need them and they can no longer be found.

Hi Chaps,

Sorry I've been silent on this, but things have been so up in the air over production recently that I wanted to wait until a decision had been made.

Anyway, I can now confirm (we actually only found out yesterday) that, though the main factory is closing (which produced all the Picato brand products as well as strings for some well known names) [b]Innovation production will be continuing at a new site[/b]. There'll be a short break while all the machinery is moved but things should start to get back to normal towards the end of January. And as Dad3353 said, yes the factory has been flat out filling orders, so there should be enough sets flying around the dealers to cover the break in production.

On a personal note I must say I'm rather relieved, because the prototype set that I've spent nearly 5 years working on (now called Polychromes) is ready to go and it looked like it was going to sink without trace... :shok:

Cheers!
Daf

Innovation silver slaps are great strings. I had them on my last bass.
Once I need to replace strings on my current bass, I was hoping to replace with silvers

Hope they do continue to make thrm, and that quality & consistency are kept to the current high standard :)

[quote name='daflewis' timestamp='1450435366' post='2932721']
...though the main factory is closing (which produced all the Picato brand products ...)[/quote]
Daf, does this mean that Picato strings are ceasing production do you know, or will they continue at the new facility?