Why become a member? ×

New Sire V7's coming.

Basscabman

The M7 looks like it could be interesting too. Nice candy apple red coming to the V7 in February as well. I had queried whether they would ever make a p-bass via pm on Facebook and they confirmed they planned to, but they had no idea of when it would happen.

Still loving my Sire v7 5 string... I'm a little worried that my incoming ACG custom is going to be so totally different that I'll have some trouble adapting!

Edited by Bigwan

Fantastic basses. Tried one out a few weeks back at The Gallery and it was more than a match for any of the other high-end Jazzes they had there in terms of tone and feel. Having that parametric midrange control makes a world of difference.

I just wish they'd do something about the weird control layout and that fugly headstock!

Still, quite tempted by the CAR ones - fretted and fretless 5-strings, please. :)

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1450168251' post='2930114']
Do they have a standard Fender-sized bell plate?
[/quote]

No idea. I'll have to measure and see. Enjoying playing it too much to be too bothered by it at the minute!

[quote name='gs_triumph' timestamp='1450127926' post='2929927']

Probably an exclusivity deal
[/quote]

After a bit of searching, there's a store in Italy that sells Sires as well. From what I remember it's all about the pricing policy Sire have...if you don't agree to it, no bass.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1450165111' post='2930085']
I wish they'd do a passive only version - I don't use the preamp, and have no plans to!
[/quote]

The passive/active is switchable, and I was having to play mine with dead batteries in it halfway through a rehearsal the other week, so it should run in passive only mode without batteries? The volume, tone and pickup blend still work in passive mode.

I'm very happy with mine (V7 5 string).

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1455104754' post='2975853']
It's not great, but then neither are the headstocks on Sadowsky's, Fodera's, D Lakin, G&L's and others ( all of which cost more as well).
[/quote]

Agreed. And thats why I have a problem with those brands too.

PS - Add Alleva to the pile also.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1455233835' post='2977442']
I don't want Marcus Miller all over the headstock of a bass. lovely bass though.
[/quote]

You don't look at the mantelpiece while stoking the fire my granny always said...