Why become a member? ×

REDUCED: PJ - Maruszczyk Jake - 4-string, lightweight, vintage white, maple, humbucker..
£670

wateroftyne

OK, OK... Let's get the abuse out of the way with first. Yes, I've only had this for just over a week. :-)

I bought off-the-shelf direct from Maruszczyk. It's great - really, it is. This is the third of these I've played, and it's on a par with the others. [b]It weighs 7lbs 6ozs[/b].

[b]I'm selling it for one reason alone: I've realised I prefer rosewood to maple. [/b]It's a truly great bass - I've gigged it, and I'll be happily gigging it until it sells, but at the back of my mind I'll be thinking 'if only it was rosewood'. So when this sells, my order will be going in for another Jake.

I'm based just north of Newcastle if you'd like to come and try it.

Here's the specs of this exact bass [url="http://www.public-peace.de/index.php/bass-guitars/maruszczyk/jake/4-string/1563-jake-l4p-vintage-white150202"](taken from Maruszczyk's website[/url]):

MARUSZCZYK INSTRUMENTS JAKE L4p+ 'Vintage white' - € 990,00 NEW[list]
[*]Body: alder
[*]Neck: hard rock maple
[*]Fingerboard: maple, 21 frets
[*]Nut width: 40mm
[*]Construction: bolt on
[*]Pickguard: tortoise
[*]Pickups: Maruszczyk humbucker + split coil
[*]Electronics: passive - volume, volume, tone
[*]Finish: vintage white, body gloss/neck matte
[*]Hardware: chrome, 19mm string spacing
[*]Weight: 3,39kg / 7lbs 6ozs.
[*]incl. Gigbag
[/list]
Here's some pics with the protective wrap still on the pickguard (since removed):

Here it is with flats - I'll do a clip with rounds when I get a chance:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFM3h7JaPvk[/media]

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1450437842' post='2932772']
Me too!
[/quote]

Not necessarily. I'm in Newcastle, so I could collect it for you. I spend most weekends at my caravan near Stranraer in South west Scotland. I could meet you at the ferry terminal, so all you'd need to do is get to Belfast or Larne and come across as a foot passenger (costs about a fiver I think)...

Same applies to anyone who lives on or near the A69/A75 route :)

Is this helping at all? :yarr: :gas:

Edited by Conan

I'm going to be driving down to the Portsmouth/Southampton area in the new year and I'd be happy to act as courier (can easily drop off anywhere on the way)

(If this was a 5 string Jake then I would have bought it by now. I just don't need another 4 string right now)

Matt

Edited by Matt P

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1450438153' post='2932779']

Not necessarily. I'm in Newcastle, so I could collect it for you. I spend most weekends at my caravan near Stranraer in South west Scotland. I could meet you at the ferry terminal, so all you'd need to do is get to Belfast or Larne and come across as a foot passenger (costs about a fiver I think)...

Same applies to anyone who lives on or near the A69/A75 route :)

Is this helping at all? :yarr: :gas:
[/quote]

That's no help at all! He says, trying to keep his unexpected Christmas bonus tucked away (from the wife and you Basschat enablers) to pay the balance on his incoming ACG...

Okey doke - I've just finished a run of gigs with it. From a playing POV, and sonically, I adore it and I'm going to keep using it. But I'll just never click with it visually, as much as I'd like.

Here's a song from last night's gig with a pretty intense acoustic band:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKHPOcIuMTI[/media]

And a few more pics...

That body and pup config is lush!!
Why not ask a reputable UK luthier (John Shuker comes to mind) to change the fingerboard over to a rosewood one?
Might be cheaper and quicker that way.
The weight of your bass here is perfect inmo, just a lil job to get it perfect.

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1451082766' post='2938228']
That body and pup config is lush!!
Why not ask a reputable UK luthier (John Shuker comes to mind) to change the fingerboard over to a rosewood one?
Might be cheaper and quicker that way.
The weight of your bass here is perfect inmo, just a lil job to get it perfect.
[/quote]

Cheers! It's something I've considered, but I think I'd rather keep it stock, and sell it and put a new order in.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1451125764' post='2938379']

Cheers! It's something I've considered, but I think I'd rather keep it stock, and sell it and put a new order in.
[/quote]

I completely understand, I'd love to do the same!
I'd usually wish the seller GLWTS at this point, but I'm sure you won't need it!
AMAZING bass for the money.