Why become a member? ×

Has anyone got experience with Jet City amplifers?

Naetharu

Hi folks,

Have any of you got experience of the Jet City brand of amps? My band-mate is after a new amp (He's currently rocking a 1970s' Carlsbro) and these look interesting.

We just need a decent warm amp sound that can offer a range of clean and crunchy tones (with heavier stuff coming from a boost pedal).

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1450570437' post='2934032']
They are very good amps for the money. Designed by Soldano who make expensive boutique valve amps.
[/quote]

Aye, I saw Soldano put their name to them. Having done a bit more research this evening I found out that the metal band Avenged Sevenfold use Jet City amps for all their live sounds. They've gone one of the best sounds around these days to my ears so that's a major recommendation there.

I think we might have to order one of them and see how it goes. They do a lovely 20-watt head with two channels and a nice simple EQ that comes in at around £200 so looks like a total bargain.

No first-hand experience but seen them discussed on a couple of guitar forums that I frequent and rarely (if ever) seen any serious negative comment. I did seriously consider that very same 20W head, but bought a more widely known head, used, from a friend.

• 4 weeks later...