Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£1100

Brams77

[color=#222222]Hi fellow bass-players[/color]

[color=#222222]Up for sale my beloved '64 AVRI Jazz, which I really enjoyed playing over the last 1/ 1/2 years, but my time on playing bass is getting less and less I think it's time to let one go...[/color]
[color=#222222]My other basses being 2 P-basses, one '63 AVRI Precision (so same series) which I had a little longer then this Jazz and one "real" '62 Precision, which I consider the crown of my collecting days (over 12 years of buying selling etc etc)[/color] Anyway both of these new AVRI series basses have tones to die for, I'm really impressed with this series Fender put's out.. Anyone who isnt fermilliar with these.. Yes you should check them out!
[color=#222222]
I bought it from a professional player in Austria who had it just for 6 months.[/color]
[color=#222222]It has a bit of a "Lenny Kravitz" tone to it, it not a real bright bass which I especially like, great Jaco bark and the front pickup is also very sweet. I played the bass with flats, not everyone's cup of tea I guess, but the bass performed very nice with those strings.[/color]

[color=#222222]It has been used and has some light wear, it's almost impossible to not get some wear on these cause the finish on these new AVRI series are really really thin, but then they feel and sound more like the originals then earlier AVRI work (that is just my opinion)[/color]

Original cream colored case is there with all the rest of the stuff fender throws in like string mutes ashtrays strap etc..

[color=#222222]I have a small sound clip of this bass, it's not bad but the bass in real on my B18 amp does sound a bit better then thru a soundcard of my pc..[/color]

[color=#222222]Cheers,[/color]

[color=#222222]Bram[/color]

Edited by Brams77

• 3 weeks later...

These AVRI Jazzes are excellent.

They are a bit of an unknown to most, but they are the best things to leave the Fender factory in decades.

Good luck with the sale - I'm keeping mine. Definitely a future collectable.

Thanks guys, as ive mentioned I got a p from the same series like a year earlier and it was so good I later decided to get the j knowing and hoping it was equally estonishing both in feel and sound as the p, which as you can hear on the sound clip it is..;)

Have a nice weekend

Was almost gone.. anyone in EU I ll be ok with 1300 euro plus shipping, wont go any lower then that, so don't ask, as I'm not in a hurry or plan on loosing more money then is needed this is a solid and fair price which I'm sure you'll be able to get for this great instrument a few years down the road..

Up on this monday, again raises enough interest, but still here.. I just dont get it you dont see these in olympic white much at all..
And what further amazes me there arn't much people who are fermilliar with these, did Fender place them too high in the market?..
Anyway for the money this is an awesome deal!

Pm answered... Again lots of interest but noone really comes thru, any questions or uncertainties I can take away?
Hell it does look amazing iTS sounds great it has that great vintage tone and has a great Jaco bark.. What do you need more out of a avri jazz... ;)

Cheers