Why become a member? ×

Badass Bridge

16Again

[quote name='16Again' post='29401' date='Jul 9 2007, 09:33 PM']I just bought a beautiful arctic white standard fender precision (mexico) and i'm thinking about changing the standard bridge to a badass bridge!
is it really worth the money??
i've never modified any bass.[/quote]

If you have a look above your post, BOD2 has Badass bridge post pinned. so all the info you need could be there. :)

[quote name='16Again' post='29447' date='Jul 9 2007, 11:27 PM']oops, never noticed that! :huh:
i've read it but it dont tell me one thing!
Is the difference a Badass bridge makes worth the extra money? :)[/quote]

16 Again, as in the band? If so, I saw you guys down at The Moorings a while back, it was a great gig.

The name "Badass" stamped on the bridge is worth the money alone :huh:

Seriously though, I would say that the sturdier the bridge, the happier I am. I used a Hipshot bridge for my last project, and I'm going to use a Badass for my next one for sure.

Besides, you can pick 'em up on evilBay for 50 quid, which isn't much in the grand scheme of things. If you don't like it, you can always re-sell it.

[quote name='neepheid' post='29590' date='Jul 10 2007, 09:18 AM']16 Again, as in the band? If so, I saw you guys down at The Moorings a while back, it was a great gig.

The name "Badass" stamped on the bridge is worth the money alone :)

Seriously though, I would say that the sturdier the bridge, the happier I am. I used a Hipshot bridge for my last project, and I'm going to use a Badass for my next one for sure.

Besides, you can pick 'em up on evilBay for 50 quid, which isn't much in the grand scheme of things. If you don't like it, you can always re-sell it.[/quote]

Aye, as in the band! Glad you enjoyed the gig Neepheid!
My mind has been made up, defo going to get one.

cheers.

[quote name='16Again' post='29756' date='Jul 10 2007, 08:59 AM']Aye, as in the band! Glad you enjoyed the gig Neepheid!
My mind has been made up, defo going to get one.

cheers.[/quote]

I'd say that would be a good choice from my experience, I added one to my made-in-mexico fretless jazz and loved the difference. Clearer tone and better sustain.

My only advice would be to heed the aforementioned sticky threads advice and make sure you groove those saddles right (if yours doesn't come pre-grooved). I ended up using a dremmel for mine and it was a sod to do, but worth it.

Russ.

Edited by Painless

It was my first mod to a bass, too.

I put my experiences on the old BW sticky, and they're on the new one, too.

I paid £52 for mine. New.

It's a worthwhile purchase [i]if[/i] you want a more contemporary edge to your tone.

If you want the dull "thump" and "singing" tone of a vintage bass, I'd advise against it- or be prepared to roll that tone well back and use flats!

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='32711' date='Jul 16 2007, 08:37 PM']It was my first mod to a bass, too.

I put my experiences on the old BW sticky, and they're on the new one, too.

I paid £52 for mine. New.

It's a worthwhile purchase [i]if[/i] you want a more contemporary edge to your tone.

If you want the dull "thump" and "singing" tone of a vintage bass, I'd advise against it- or be prepared to roll that tone well back and use flats![/quote]

I've had Badass on my Tokai, & tried Schaller too before on other precisions in the past. I can see why vast majority bassists prefer this with lot of modern music.
I'm probably one of the few, but I prefer the sound with original bridge. I like the more 'pokey' sound, albeit with less sustain. However, I do find saddles can slip around. I use original style bridges with tracked saddles, which are cheap on Ebay.
Horses for courses, I suppose.

[quote name='nick' post='32978' date='Jul 17 2007, 12:31 PM']I've had Badass on my Tokai, & tried Schaller too before on other precisions in the past. I can see why vast majority bassists prefer this with lot of modern music.
I'm probably one of the few, but I prefer the sound with original bridge. I like the more 'pokey' sound, albeit with less sustain. However, I do find saddles can slip around. I use original style bridges with tracked saddles, which are cheap on Ebay.
Horses for courses, I suppose.[/quote]

Which is why my Squier wears a BadAssII, and my MIA Jazz doesn't! Horses for courses indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='32711' date='Jul 16 2007, 08:37 PM']It was my first mod to a bass, too.

If you want the dull "thump" and "singing" tone of a vintage bass, I'd advise against it- or be prepared to roll that tone well back and use flats![/quote]

Wise advice.
Chris