Why become a member? ×

Warwick customer service - proving to be hard work

ead

General moan in the vague hope somebody from Warwick is on here. I've been trying to get a black pick guard for my Streamer CV4 as the spec. says black for light coloured basses (mine is natural ash) and cream for darker ones. Fair enough, but my one has a cream one fitted for some reason.

I first contacted Warwick via the web contact email address in September. Having heard nothing for a while I tried again via Facebook on 12 October and got a reply saking me to contact the shop directly. This I did the same day and got a response back the next day (yeah) saying they would look into it and get back to me quickly.

Two months later on 12 December I sent them an email to ask for an update. I got a response back a couple of days later telling me to order one through the website (no mention of the variation to the published spec.). Having pretty much lost the will to live I coughed up the €80 for a replacement part. This finally landed on 23rd December and I breathed a sigh of relief.

On opening the box not only was the pick gaurd scuffed and scratched as if it had been kicked around the floor for a while, all the holes bar one were in different locations to the original fit item, plus there were two extra holes as well. Needless to say I have contacted Warwick again but I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe by this time next year....

Pretty dissappointing really for a purveyor of pretty expensive basses.

If you've ever perused Warwicks site and their spares prices you might see how expensive they are compared to Thomann. Just look at the delivery charges!!
You may have more luck going through a distributor than direct.

Thats a terrible shame..

When I first had my Warwick many years back, I emailed them to register my warranty and spoke of how pleased I was wiith the instrument and they replied very promptly and in a friendly manner. This was back in 2001 when they only made German basses and the range wasn't as vast or complex..

I too have had good customer service from Warwick in the past 6-12 months, but this does seem to be a new trend.

I'm also on the Scottsbasslessons.com forum and there's a guy there who's not over happy about a gap in the side of the pocket. He got a response from Warwick, but it was simply washing their hands of the situation. Ok the gap may have been there from day 1, but they could have offered a solution even if they charged at cost.

Further update from Warwick: I received and email today offering apologies, a full refund and a desire to sort me out with an p/guard that fits. This feels more like it. I will update on progress as it happens.

Maybe you got a bad person the first time - I hope it gets sorted.

I've always been very happy with their service when I've contacted them; I dropped my corvette once breaking the adjust-a-nut - emailed to ask about buying a replacement & they send me two FoC.

They make such great basses, it'd be a shame if their customer service went the way of so many other large brands.

Things moving apace now. Muppet here failed to notice the protective film on the p/g, well it was very neat :( So my apologies to Warwick for that completely unreasonable accusation. Mea maxima culpa.

The holes definitely didn't come close to matching though, but it seems like a solution is fast being organised which is great.

Edited by ead

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1452206412' post='2947736']
failed to notice the protective film on the p/g
[/quote]

You're not the first, and you won't be the last.
There must be a special switch in the human brain specifically for allowing or not allowing the needed "protective film" thought, as I've heard this story literally dozens of times - often from people with an actual brain.
Don't know who or what controls this switch.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of the proceedings.

Had an issue with my Thumb bass when i bought it back in 89. Bass was shipped back to them as local luthiers unable to determine the fault in electronics somewhere. They covered all costs (was under warranty anyway) to Germany and back and returned it with 3 sets of Elite strings, Warwick sweatshirt, signed posters by various artists, pens and headed notepaper and a very nice pigeon English letter of apology which i believe i might still have.
Few yrs ago i needed to replace the electronic module and they were helpful in telling me the original EMG module was no longer manufactuured and the MEC one would be suitable. Was posted and recieved within the week altho they didn't sent any correspondence or emails to let me know it was on its way but that's being picky i think. Local luthier in Edinburgh did the work and bass is good as new.
I've heard a lot of poor stories too in fact the repair guy in Edinburgh won't even contact them for parts or advice saying they are just not helpful.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Progress. New p/g landed and fit is spot on (custom one made for me by Warwick). Here are pics before and after:

[attachment=210291:Warwick Streamer CV 102.JPG] [attachment=210292:Streamer CV with new PG.jpg]

Now just need to sort out the refund...

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1453405676' post='2959300']
Progress. New p/g landed and fit is spot on (custom one made for me by Warwick). Here are pics before and after:

[attachment=210291:Warwick Streamer CV 102.JPG] [attachment=210292:Streamer CV with new PG.jpg]

Now just need to sort out the refund...
[/quote]

Assuming the black is the new one?

In which case, it's a great improvement. Cool look.

Still rumbling on re some cash back for the general inconvenience. Warwick have moved from replacement pickguard plus full refund inc. postage; to replacement pickguard with part refund; to we'll refund the postage.

I did offer to split the whole thing 50/50 but apprently not.

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1453938030' post='2964573']
Still rumbling on re some cash back for the general inconvenience. Warwick have moved from replacement pickguard plus full refund inc. postage; to replacement pickguard with part refund; to we'll refund the postage.

I did offer to split the whole thing 50/50 but apprently not.
[/quote]

Oh, come on! How about the fillings out of your teeth as well?!! Warwick showing that they are now coming in a close 2nd to Rickenbacker for patronising customer service awards.

Beyond a joke.