Why become a member? ×

Zoom B3

Wan

For a multi FX unit I don't think anything can match its value. I pretty much use mine as an overly complex tuner and EQ unit with occasional looping.

The only thing it lacks is an AUX in for playing along to things.

Edited by Machines

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1451404626' post='2940212']
For a multi FX unit I don't think anything can match its value. I pretty much use mine as an overly complex tuner and EQ unit with occasional looping.

The only thing it lacks is an AUX in for playing along to things.
[/quote]

Hook it up to the computer and use it as a USB audio output - plug headphones into the B3, play song on computer and play along on the bass. Works for me :-)

Zoom pedals are brilliant. I've used the B2, B9 and I'm currently using the B1. Never had any noise issues and I'm always amazed at the quality. Spend a bit of time taming the pre set patches and you've got a bit of kit which I'd put up against anything on the market. People can be really sniffy about Zoom multi fx, but I've tried loads, including some real high end items and for me, Zoom wins every time. Never used the B3 as they seem a bit fiddly to use live (are they...?) but the B1 is superb.

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1451429985' post='2940492']
What are the synth sounds like in terms of quality at gig volume? We do some tunes that were originally recorded with a synth bass part and have no idea if this is a credible option.
[/quote]

The synth patches on the B1 are mostly excellent. There's one or two which to my ears don't work as well as the others, but those are ideal for tweaking or replacing with your own patch.

For me, if the B1on has a weakness it's the distortion & drive presets, but then I don't really go in for driven sounds on bass so I may not be the best judge.