Why become a member? ×

So what was your favourite pedal of 2015?

0175westwood29

hi all

hope everyone had a wicked NYE! and indeed festive period!

just wondering if anyone like me who throughout the year has amassed a lot of new pedals, do you have a fave?

for me the winner this year even tho its crazy, and not the most usable well until a project starts soon, the Cicada fuzz by Fuzzrocious

great fuzz and add in the trem and gate and its a winner!

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVC_U53DG7o"]https://www.youtube....h?v=CVC_U53DG7o[/url]

very close second and third receptively The Redwitch "Zeus" and Lateral Sound "Spore" haha would you look at that there all fuzzes!

Andy

Edited by 0175westwood29

Not had many pedals this year.

But loving my new to me DHA vt1 bass valve drive standard, a very very good pedal imo much better than some three times more expensive. It can be subtle or fairly full on and everything in between nearly. Not perfect but at well under £100 bargain! I mean that as well.

Probably the old EHX Mini Q-Tron I picked up - I've tried a ton of filters and it's still my favourite!

Runners up are all dirt pedals:

- Prunes & Custard - so responsive and fun to play
- B3K - had one and ditched one a while back but it sounds killer with this active Streamer I have
- Agro - sounds amazing with the BB1025X

Never really been a effects user but this last year I started using a few more for textures when playing at church and put together a small pedal board. The workhorse star has been my Tech 21 VT Bass DI which is a cracking pedal.

However, I'll nominate the only pedal I bought thiis year, an EHX Pulsar tremolo which is great for some progtastic effects and textures.

Honourable mention goes to my 20 something year old Boss CE2-B which I also pulled out of retirement.

My COG Knightfall 66 still has me grinning every time I turn it on. A close second is a recent purchase - a VFE/Runoffgroove Ginger. A lovely pre amp that's inspired by the Ampeg Portaflex. It breaks up really nicely across all the strings, subtle at times, but so effective.

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1452202361' post='2947650']
got to be the TK421x from COG for me - I've always had a hankering for a RAT based pedal, and after trying most of the popular ones (fuzzrocious, idiot box, not to mention the original RAT) the COG just sounds right. It's the core tone for my new band :)
[/quote]

I really do need to try that one!!

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1452261510' post='2948193']
Providing you got it in 2015 ;)
[/quote]

I thought that the thread was about pedals released in 2015, i'll be getting mine on the second batch, in Febuary 2016. I don't think i've even bought a pedal last year... probably the Zoom B3... :)