Why become a member? ×

Gig bag for 36" shuker

Kevin Dean

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1451830516' post='2943745']
I use the Mono Vertigo for my Dingwall (37") and it fits with space to spare. Comfy on the shoulder too. I've also been able to fit a Genz Benz shuttle 9.0 with all the relevant cables in the bag.
[/quote]

Aye, but owing to the design of the Dingwall its overall length is little more than a standard scaled bass.

Do you have any guitar shops close to you? It sounds like you really need to try a few manufactures, if you haven't already.

I think the Mono Vertigo max length is 122cm, so that may bugger you for any Mono case.

Serves you right for (presumably) inflicting a 36 inch scale length on a G string! ;)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1451847645' post='2944011']
Aye, but owing to the design of the Dingwall its overall length is little more than a standard scaled bass.

Do you have any guitar shops close to you? It sounds like you really need to try a few manufactures, if you haven't already.

I think the Mono Vertigo max length is 122cm, so that may bugger you for any Mono case.

Serves you right for (presumably) inflicting a 36 inch scale length on a G string! ;)
[/quote]

I just measured the Dingwall and it actually comes in at less overall length than my ACG (who'da thunk it?)

I got the tape measure out and checked the mono. It looks like it is 122. There is a protective thing at the base of the bag that could be taken out and that'd mean height ways I would imagine it would fit easily albeit with slightly less protection at the bottom which isn't ideal.

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1451896891' post='2944283']
Thank you very much for doing that , is that picture of the tape measure with the protective base in place ? I just got an Email from Mono & they reckon it will fit easily ?
[/quote]

That picture is with the tape measure pressing on the bottom of the gig bag (whilst keeping the bag and measure straight up.)

Will take one with the bass in it tomorrow for you. To be honest. I reckon it would fit if I'm honest but obviously it's an investment!

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1451950985' post='2945025']
Have you asked Jon Shuker to recommend one ?
[/quote]I didn't think to ask , But I know he had to order the hard case especially for mine , I've just ordered a mono case from GAK , pics when it arrives .