Why become a member? ×

Aria ZZB Deluxe wiring ?

fleabag

A while back I did a refin of a Wishbass. I made a new nut and the strings virtually touched the FB at the top of the neck as they came out of the nut.

You can get some low cost files off eBay that others have used for the job. I went about it with a bit more vigour, I used a dremmel disk like an angle grinder.

Another way would be to replace the nut with a Warwick Just a Nut, so the height is adjustable.

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1453965215' post='2964657']
A while back I did a refin of a Wishbass. I made a new nut and the strings virtually touched the FB at the top of the neck as they came out of the nut.

You can get some low cost files off eBay that others have used for the job. I went about it with a bit more vigour, I used a dremmel disk like an angle grinder.

Another way would be to replace the nut with a Warwick Just a Nut, so the height is adjustable.
[/quote]

Good point - i do have some mini files here, and i believe Thomann sell a much cheaper version of Warwicks Adjust a Nut

[quote name='FlatEric' timestamp='1453968570' post='2964681']
Ah, I see.

Peavey ones dead?

Looks like a nice bass.

:)
[/quote]

Not really dead Eric..just fancied a different sound. The preamp died many moons ago and so fitted a passive circuit, but didnt sound right so i thought a pickup change would help

The bass is really well built with great woods