Why become a member? ×

The Most Reliable Bass Player in Wales

4StringMonkey

I'm figuring that at my age and modest level of ability, the way to sell myself is to promote my strengths: I've got my own transport, own gear including a 2KW PA system, my own hair and teeth. I'm an easy going confident person, with a great sense of humour who gets a real buzz from being in front of a crowd. I will be totally committed to learning a bass-line and if there are practices booked for 8pm, I'll be there early [b][u]EVERY[/u][/b] time. I've got time to promote a band and have promoted two events in the last couple of years.
What I don't have is; years of playing experience or the ability to read music and at the wrong side of 50 I'm looking to get stuck in and rock it up whilst I still can.
My influences as regards what I'd like to play are varied so I'm pretty open minded, early Level 42 and Mark King was to blame for me first being hooked on Bass, since then of course I've watched footage of other great players, such as the jazz/funk from the likes of Clarke, Wooten and Graham, through Entwhistles rumbling lines with The Who and Roger Glover solid as a rock Deep Purple to the RHCP's Flea and a plethora of others in between. So what I lack in actual playing experience, I'll more than make up for with pure good old fashioned values and determination.

Edited by 4StringMonkey