Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash 2016 - Saturday 7th May 2016

Si600

[quote name='Si600' timestamp='1460058061' post='3022281']
We've exceeded the amp rig number for the event by 2, can we nicely sort out amongst ourselves which amps are coming? I know some are being brought along on request from other attendees and I'm bringing mine as a house rig for all to try.
[/quote]

I'm happy to limit myself to a small amp if it helps - I've recently got a Blackstar ID Core BEAM which is suitable for bass and electric guitar, so that might be a good bit of new kit to bring and for people to try out anyway.

As I said in the intro I'm happy to have any obscure or exotic amps, but we do need to keep a lid on the volume. The previous years everyone has been sensible with only a little interference by the noise police :)
My rule is that if I can't have a conversation without shouting then someone is too loud.

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1460703469' post='3027918']
I just thought - would anybody like me to bring my Stagg EUB again? It's a bit of a pain to cart around so I'll happily leave it at home, but if there's enough interest I don't mind bringing it :)
[/quote]
I'd love to see it, Norris :)

I don't remember it from last year, but I am just about to start on an own-design cello, loosely based on this yew/mahogany violin I did a couple of years ago - looks nice, plays like s**t - so would be very interested in terms of the weight, balance, etc... I know an upright bass is somewhat different to a cello, but the CofG issues, etc, are likely to be similar.

If you're stuck for space, don't worry but if not I'd be really interested.

Andy

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1460714710' post='3028052']

I'd love to see it, Norris :)

I don't remember it from last year, but I am just about to start on an own-design cello, loosely based on this yew/mahogany violin I did a couple of years ago - looks nice, plays like s**t - so would be very interested in terms of the weight, balance, etc... I know an upright bass is somewhat different to a cello, but the CofG issues, etc, are likely to be similar.

If you're stuck for space, don't worry but if not I'd be really interested.

Andy
[/quote]

I'll definitely bring it then :)

It was quite amusing last year to see people hovering round but not daring to have a go - although there were a few brave souls that tried it and had their GAS ignited :D

Edit: And bring your violin - I'm interested in seeing any of your wonderful creations

Edited by Norris

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1460938298' post='3030012']
Yeah, cheers for bringing the EUB last time Norris. I ended up buying one because of you.

...I think Mrs S would like a word with you :unsure:

Andy, I have the eastcoast (rebadged Stagg I think) EUB at my house if you ever want a try out on one.
[/quote]
Might take you up on that, Chris :) Didn't know / forgotten you had one!

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1460938298' post='3030012']
Yeah, cheers for bringing the EUB last time Norris. I ended up buying one because of you.

...I think Mrs S would like a word with you :unsure:
[/quote]

At least they are not too expensive :)

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1460714710' post='3028052']
[/quote]

I could bring an NS WAV-4 along too if that would be of interest, and former cellist Mrs Zero.

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1460615636' post='3027198']
As we've had a couple drop out I'll bring my Rumble combo as originally planned - and some headphones :)
[/quote]

Hearing Norris' Rumble at a previous bash is what prompted me to buy mine and very happy I am with it too

If you haven't been before, this is a relaxed opportunity to talk bass, try other folks gear and sample the exceedingly good cakes! And you will be in Leicester to sample the great atmosphere as they win the Premiere League!! (Sorry....)

Edited by Jabba_the_gut

[quote name='Si600' timestamp='1461261352' post='3033106']
Are Andy and Jabba bringing their latest projects?
[/quote]
I might bring my own OM Acoustic instead...it would be a beggar if I dropped the dreadnought before I gave it to birthday boy!

I'll also bring the new Bubinga fretless (and the veneered VM jag I brought last time)