Why become a member? ×

Case for medium scale bass (32") ... any suggestions?

ikay

I'm having difficulty finding a case or gigbag that's the right size for a medium scale (32") Precision. Overall length of bass is 110cm. A regular case obviously works with room to spare but ideally I'd like something that's a snugger fit. Does such a thing as a medium scale case or gigbag even exist?! Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

My 33” scale Maruszczyks came with their short/medium gigbags and just fit comfortably. My Mustang fits in these very nicely length wise (the Mustang is 108cms long) with about 2-3cms to spare.

https://www.public-peace.de/accessories/gigbags-suitcases/bass-gigbags/electric-bass

What with the stupidness that currently is post Brexit, European shopping, it might be worth asking Bass Direct if they could source one, as they do the more premium, leather ones already.

Just now, ezbass said:

My 33” scale Maruszczyks came with their short/medium gigbags and just fit comfortably. My Mustang fits in these very nicely length wise (the Mustang is 108cms long) with about 2-3cms to spare.

https://www.public-peace.de/accessories/gigbags-suitcases/bass-gigbags/electric-bass

What with the stupidness that currently is post Brexit, European shopping, it might be worth asking Bass Direct if they could source one, as they do the more premium, leather ones already.

thanks. Unfortunately almost none of the online music stores provides info about the internal bag dimensions, which is essential to understand how the instrument would fit in the bag... I don't know why they don't think about such a key info.

I have read some reviews of customer using either short scale bags for their medium-scale (which fits super tight, almost not able to close the zip) or long scale guitars (same fitting issue). On the other side, if you use normal scale bags, there's way too much room inside and the bass is not really well protected, bouncing left and right in the bag while walking with it.