Why become a member? ×

The War Of Art

Bassjon

Direct link to Soundcloud ...

[url="https://soundcloud.com/user-527010999"]The War Of Art ...[/url]

Definitely bass-orientated, heavy pop, well produced, nice, unpretentious vocals. It would help to have the lyrics to better appreciate what's going on. Not enamoured of the drum mix; the bass drum especially interferes with the balance, in my view. Very good work, well worth a listen. Thumbs up.

Edited by Dad3353

Thanks Dad - and for the proper link !!! I might remix and pull the low out of the kick - it was a nightmare trying to mix these songs, the bass guitar low end had to come right out to get everything else to sit right but to compensate with kick muddies up the rhythm track. Its a work in progress but thank you for the kind words!

• 1 month later...

RE "Follow you down" - that's a big fat bass sound! It sounds as though you have some sort of stereo doubling going on which cuts in and out at the end. It's quite jarring on the ears, but I guess that was done for effect? Cool song anyway!

If you wanted tips on the mix... the snare sound could be bigger, maybe longer reverb, maybe just some more top end. The cymbals don't sound particularly natural but I guess you're restricted to your sounds. The synths don't seem to fit that well. Some of it sounds like pretty cheap string sounds. There's a hammond type sound at the end which does fit the music pretty well, so maybe try the other parts with this sound? Also I would copy your vocal track, distort the hell out of it, and then bring this in and out with the loud and quiet sections.

• 2 weeks later...