Why become a member? ×

Long-life gig bags

iamtheelvy

I've used a Warwick Rockbag gigbag for a few years now, and it's beginning to go at the seams. It's been a busy time, so I guess it's inevitable, but it doesn't seem to have lasted nearly as well as it's predecessor....

Any recommendations for decent gigbags? Don't want to pay stupid money, but happy to pay for good quality!

For reference, I need it to be fairly generic, standard basses in rotation being a Precision, Jazz, MM and Ricky...

I've been using a Protection Racket 7051 for the last couple of years and am really happy with it - still looks pretty much as new, and has giant pockets which will swallow my GK MB500, a Zoom B3, a Zoom H2 and all my cables.

It comes with 3 movable/removable pads to allow for different sizes and shapes of bass. Have only tested mine with Stingray / Precision / Jazz - not sure how big a Ricky is in comparison though.

[quote name='stoo' timestamp='1452618453' post='2951741']
I've been using a Protection Racket 7051 for the last couple of years and am really happy with it - still looks pretty much as new, and has giant pockets which will swallow my GK MB500, a Zoom B3, a Zoom H2 and all my cables.

It comes with 3 movable/removable pads to allow for different sizes and shapes of bass. Have only tested mine with Stingray / Precision / Jazz - not sure how big a Ricky is in comparison though.
[/quote]

That`ws what I use and am also very pleased with it. Ideal gig-bag for taking your gear on public transport if using a provided rig as you can get everything in the pockets so only need to carry one item.

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1452940290' post='2954857']
you can get a hard case for £30 - £40, would offer better protection, is there a reason people go for gig bags instead?
[/quote]

Because a hard case isn't much use if you have a 30 minute walk to your rehearsal or you travel a lot with your bass on public transport.

It's all about having the right case for the job. Sometimes you need a gig bag, sometimes a hard case and sometimes only a full flight case will do.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1453025400' post='2955534']
Because a hard case isn't much use if you have a 30 minute walk to your rehearsal or you travel a lot with your bass on public transport.

It's all about having the right case for the job. Sometimes you need a gig bag, sometimes a hard case and sometimes only a full flight case will do.
[/quote]I thought about that after I posted, I always use a car, so there's my answer