Why become a member? ×

Beta Test & Review D’Addario NYXL Bass Strings

D'AddarioUK

[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]#NYXLBASS[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Would you like the chance to beta test & review our brand new D’Addario NYXL bass strings?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]D’Addario has rebuilt the electric bass string to bring more sonic possibilities to bass players.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]NYXL Bass combines our high carbon NY Steel core and up to three wraps of our reformulated nickel-plated steel in new core-to-wrap ratios. This advanced construction provides more dynamic range and sustain than any other bass string. Meticulously designed for all playing styles, this string features deep, powerful lows with focused punch, increased dynamics, and accentuated harmonic response. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]All you have to do is reply to this thread explaining why you'd make a good beta tester and which set you would like to test.[/font][/color][color=black][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] The first twenty requests we can fulfill will be selected and receive their beta samples through the post. UK Only.[/font][/color]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Thank you to everyone for their interest, we have our 20 testers signed up. Watch this thread for feedback from those on the list.[/color][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Beta testers:[/color][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Billy Apple - 45-130[/color][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Kev - 45-130[/color][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Muzz - 45-100[/color][/font]
[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Jazzyvee - 45-130[/font][/color]
Luulox - 45-130
Woodinblack - 45-100
LayDownThaFunk - 45-100
King Tut - 45-100
Gelfin - 45-100
Musashimonkey - 45-100
Panamonte - 45-100
Mudpup - 45-100
Leonshelley01 - 45-100
Mr zed - 45-100
Project_c - 45-100
Dannybuoy - 45-100
Sifi2112 - 45-100
AndyTravis - 45-100
Lee4 - 45-100
DanEly - 45-100

Edited by D'AddarioUK

I've decided to use my test set to revitalise my very first bass, a cheapo which still had the strings it originally came with. I played it a little with the old strings earlier today, to remind myself of what it sounds like, and then installed the NYXLs. I'm now waiting for them to stabilise, then I'll set the action and the intonation, and report back. :)

I've been using D'addario nickel and pro steel bass strings on my Alembic basses since 2010 and cover a number of styles from Reggae, Jazz-Funk, RNB and Soul so would love to beta test a 5 string set 45 - 130 on my Series II bass since that is the next one due for re-stringing and I will be using it on the next few gigs and rehearsals. It currently has the same pro-steels on since July 2014 and they still sound nice and crisp.

Cheers

Pity I've just restrung my headless 5 string with Elixir nanoweb as I wanted to try these coated strings but if these D'addario's fit my Dingwall ABZ5 I'd love to try a set as I don't have many string options for 37" scale :)

cheers

Simon

Heard good things about the guitar version, was just about to order some new strings for my Mike lull 5, but it's 35" scale - will these be available for 35" basses?

Forgot to add I'm not only gigging, rehearsing, teaching and recording - but doing set ups and restrings for local bassists too.

Have a fair idea of what I want and what others want from strings...

Edited by AndyTravis

Would love a chance to try a 5 string set. Regularly use D'Addarios as well as SIT. I was recently contacted by SIT to "road-test" the new RB's, so have a good idea of what is expected of beta testing.
Gig around 65 times a year so strings get plenty of action.

Edited by BassBunny

I was about to order another set of Elixir nanoweb steels to replace the set on my American Deluxe Precision. I've got Elixirs on my TRB 1005 and L2000 as well, but I'd be very interested in giving these a go - a set of 45-100s.

The other strings I am currently using are DR LoRiders (both steel and nickel sets) and DR Sunbeams so I would be able offer comparisons between these and the NYXLs as well.

Edited by Panamonte

i would love to test a set of 4 string 45-100's please! I absolutely kill strings and have tried pretty much everything available in the never ending quest - currently settled on Dunlop Super brights but love EB Cobalts too..... gigging every week and get about 4 gigs to each set before i change them.

Edited by Mudpup

I would love to try a 4 string set on my Stingray HH. Always used Slinkys (as that is what Ernie Ball intended the bass to be used with) and it sounds great but I've been thinking about giving something else a try. Would be good to get a comparison.