Why become a member? ×

Strap Lock Mishap

geoffbyrne

I have a pair of straplocks on the fretless as shown in the following Ebay link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STRAP-LOCK-NEW-GUITAR-OR-BASS-SUPER-SAFE-LOCK-GOLD-/361450242721?hash=item54281d02a1:g:PRgAAOSwQTVWBxW1

Yes, they are gold!

Last night the central nut came loose and fell off as did the large washer beneath which sits on top of the strap.

We found the nut no bother, but there is no sign of the washer.

If anyone has a suitable washer (or complete assembly) that they don't want/need, please let me know & we'll come to some arrangement.

G.

@RogerStodge: Thanks, I'll bear it in mind you have a chrome one, but continue searching for the gold.

@Brensabre79: Doesn't help with the current situation. First time in 15 years this has happened.

@pete.young: This particular strap is a hand-made Buffalo Hide item cut to particular dimensions and has a round hole each end to fit the lock mechanism. The hole does not have a split coming off it and therefore will not slip over the nut onto the peg. I tried it.

But thanks for the suggestion.

G.

It wasn't a Schaller - see link in Post #1. However, it looks like it might fit, so I've ardered one - thanks for drawing my attention to it.

I got a pair of Dunlop straplocks & put them on. No screws on those to go slack (except the muckle screw that goes into the guitar, but as it's slightly bigger, it stays in!).

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

• 2 weeks later...