Why become a member? ×

Better late than never

william64

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3]Hi all,[/size][/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3]I'm a member since 2012 but haven't introduced myself so far. I intended to do it several times but I always failed. Now staying in bed for few days allows me to be more active here and make this introduction entry.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3]I starded my musician carrer long time ago in 1978 beeing 14 year old. Since then I've played with 8 bands alternating guitar and bass. Not easy to count but I reckon I've played with more than 100 musicians overall. Thank God for all of them.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3]In 2000, when I was 36, I started learning English. Literally I hadn't known a word in English by then. Four years later I stayed in Salisbury for one month where I attanted the language school. Now you all can check how excellent my English is (haha).[/size][/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3]From 2004 to 2011 I didn't play at all because of my regular business trips and my studies at University. Anyhow, I'm back from 2012. Now I play bass with two bands. The first band play a wide range of music, e.g.: [/size][color=#0563c1][u][url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fffNnz_QM-c"][size=3]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fffNnz_QM-c[/size][/url][/u][/color][size=3] The latter band play classic rock songs by Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Kinks, Jimi Hendrix, Bad Company, e.g.:[/size][color=#0563c1][u][url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7fJhTnlFI4"][size=3]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7fJhTnlFI4[/size][/url][/u][/color][size=3] We're only local musicians but we try to do our best. To improve myself, I even started face-to-face lessons with a bass teacher last September.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3]We all have many funny stories connected with music. I'll share a weird one with you as it may be interesting for you. In 1982, being just 18 year old, I bought my Ibanez Musician MC924 from Munich. It was the era when the communist party run our country (Czech Rep). You see, at that time there were many restrictions. In the shops you could buy only instruments made in Czechoslovakia, Poland, Hungary, etc, and it was very difficult to buy anything from western Europe. Simply, you had to risk and do something illegal. I bought German Marks (illegally) and sent it to Germany (illegally). Later Ibanez Musician MC924 was sent to me as a present, which was one of the ways to get some goods from abroad. You can imagine how happy I was. Unfortunatelly, several months later Police came and started investigating that issue. They got some prooves and eventually they confiscated my bass. The court said that I was dangerous for our communist country as I endangered our fiscal policy :) There was no chance to defend at that time. Eventually, the good thing was, I was allowed to buy this confiscated bass in auction. So I paid for my bass for the second time. I keep the bass all the years with one exception of a period when my friend was using her. However strange it may sound, it is really a true story.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3]Lately I have bought and sold many basses as I've been still looking for the right ones. It seems to be a never ending story. Now I've got 9 basses and I am afraid, the number will go up till my wife kills me. To be honest, she is a great woman.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3]I am really glad to be here in your company. It is such a great source of information, [/size][size=3]advice, and reviews. Thanks guys![/size][/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3]Vilem[/size][/font]

Edited by william64

Yes, I started from scratch. To tell the truth I spent thousands of hours to get my current level of English. Anyhow, thanks to English I made friends with a lot of people worldwide. Especially two of them helped me with my English considerably: Malcolm, who comes from Royal Leamington Spa, and Gary from Chichester. Still I[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3]'m not an native speaker so I[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3]'[/size][/font]m sorry for for my mistakes now and then. Thanks for welcoming![/size][/font]

Edited by william64