Why become a member? ×

New bassist from Denmark!

Gingerlocks

Hey man,

I bought my very first bass today! A Yamaha TRBX174 with a TC-Electronic BG250-112, as I've always wanted to learn to play bass, at a decent level!
I have played guitar and sung for several years. But after seeing some bands in concert, such as Seether, Avenged Sevenfold and Avenged Sevenfold, and seeing how the bassist is just having a crazy party, I thought something had to be done, haha.

Anyways. I'm Adam, and I'm 21. Atm I work, while I'm wating to go to Uni in the summer! So when I don't work, I enjoy playing music, singing, going for runs, and playing Xbox!

Regarding me learning the bass. I've been reading a lot about how it's similar to the guitar, but I really don't feel that way. I feel like its a completly new instrument I'm about to learn; What is good to learn?

Have a nice evening,

Adam :)

Welcome Adam

You'll soon find out that a Bass is an instrument in it's own right and not like a guitar.

What to learn?? I'd register on Scott Devine's forum (the free bit is ok to start with) - Scott does lessons for all levels. Try to learn your scales and a few arpeggios and learn good technique and you'll be off to a good start. Scott has lessons to cover the ground for all of this.

Youtube is an excellent resource - type in the song title + "lesson" and generally you'll find some instruction. Songsterr.com is a great resource as most songs are done in Tab as well as notation.

Try not to put too much pressure on yourself to make quick progress - slow and steady - and try to stay committed to sticking with it. Check out my signature below.

Good luck and, again, welcome.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1452974321' post='2955301']
Welcome Adam

You'll soon find out that a Bass is an instrument in it's own right and not like a guitar.

What to learn?? I'd register on Scott Devine's forum (the free bit is ok to start with) - Scott does lessons for all levels. Try to learn your scales and a few arpeggios and learn good technique and you'll be off to a good start. Scott has lessons to cover the ground for all of this.

Youtube is an excellent resource - type in the song title + "lesson" and generally you'll find some instruction. Songsterr.com is a great resource as most songs are done in Tab as well as notation.

Try not to put too much pressure on yourself to make quick progress - slow and steady - and try to stay committed to sticking with it. Check out my signature below.

Good luck and, again, welcome.
[/quote]

Thanks man, I will look into that for sure!