Why become a member? ×

MM Stingray Preamp 1999

andy67

Hey all,

been having problems with the stingray electrics, the treble pot acting strangely as in middle position ok, rolled of ok but rolled on sounds like its rolled off. Took off the control plate and fiddled with the white and black wires from the pup to the pre. I noticed fairly quickly the solder was dry and off the circuit board. tried to re-solder but the circuit track seat disintegrated.

Can any-one recommend me where to get a new preamp or a repair? I guess the circuit is now damaged beyond repair.

andy

Edited by andy67

[quote name='stoo' timestamp='1453115018' post='2956397']
Strings and Things list them on their website.... Not sure if you'd need to send your old part in exchange though
[url="http://www.ernieball.co.uk/k/search?q=stingray+preamp&x=0&y=0"]http://www.ernieball...+preamp&x=0&y=0[/url]
[/quote]

Had a wee look and don't seem to have a 3band eq plus, would like to see if just the circuitry or pots and input included.

:)

[quote name='andy67' timestamp='1453116531' post='2956414']
Had a wee look and don't seem to have a 3band eq plus, would like to see if just the circuitry or pots and input included.

:)
[/quote]

Their phone number is listed on their webpage & they have a pretty good rep for being helpful...

[quote name='stoo' timestamp='1453118545' post='2956427']
Their phone number is listed on their webpage & they have a pretty good rep for being helpful...
[/quote]

thanks for this Stoo :) alex has brill at Ernie Ball and part now ordered :)

A.