Why become a member? ×

New Fuzzrocious!

0175westwood29

So the feed me is a crossover? But instead of giving you control of normal things (like resonance) the controls are split between variable resistors and capacitors (dont think ive really ever heard of variable capacitors before this pedal) on each filter?
Then the volume is an overall gain stage, and the tone controls the freq. for both filters?

Im not sure how the coloured knobs actually affect the filter.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here goes....

There's basically a bass "tone stack" curve and a treble one. For each side there is a pot with 12 capacitors and a pot with 12 resistors.

VOLUME – makes the output of the circuit louder or quieter.
TONE – moves from bass to treble when turned clockwise. Depending on your selection on the 4 rotaries, the results vary!
WHITE –R2 high pass filter resistors.
RED – C1 high pass filter capacitors.
BLUE – R1 low pass filter resistors.
GREY – C2 low pass filter capacitors.

Given you have a high pass filter and a low pass filter blending together you get a different kind of boost/cut tonally than you would with usual eq pedals giving a hump in different frequency points. It's just a different way of going about eq / tone shaping as most eq pedals don't seem to be filter based. I suppose you'd have to try one to fully "get it" but you can use it to change the tone of your bass quite a lot. So far I've had deep bass flat wound, boxy mid P bass and mid scooped Stingray tones dialled in.
I think the cap/resistor values are ones commonly used in fuzz/dirt pedals so ultimately it's for pedal board fun to change the tone of your dirt pedals, hence feed me.
There are loads of hi/lo mid cut type settings in the manual to make your current muff sound more like civil war/Rams head etc variants.

there's a small library of suggested settings currently but with thousands of possible variations I'm sure users will converge at some Facebook page to share their favourites.

I should add it's also a preamp really. Just not the usual sort that gives you fixed eq hump like a pointless spanky treble boost at 5 or 7k to help you blow up your tweeters or add extra hiss.
This can give you a treble boost but it also lets you change the character of the treble so you can find something warmer or sharper sounding in the added brightness.