Why become a member? ×

IQS Bass Strings

bass.six

• 1 month later...

I've to not recommend these strings. I'm from Italy, I contacted them for a 5 string set and some "particular" strings for my 8 string... The 5 string set was just a so so set, good for the first gig, then they were just dead, keep in mind that I usually use standard D'Addarrio exl nickel strings and there's no comparison here...
For the 8 string, I ordered a plain 0.012 and a wound 0.020 for the high F... the plain one was really disappointing, seemed a used string, the wound 0.020 was a simple guitar string with a guitar ball end, not long enough to reach the tuning key. Obviously I wrote them an accurate mail with all the details of the bass, the scale lenght... and that single high F was 6 €. So, you can understand why I can't recommend. :(
If you want to try other "exotic" strings you can't find in stores, I can recommend Newtone strings, I asked them a complete set for my 8 string, nickel plated, round core, those were really good. ;)