Why become a member? ×

Who's got a chorus on their board

nash

I picked up a cheap and cheerful EHX Nano Clone off here a couple of weeks ago just to see if chorus could work for me in my band. Gonna give it another go at next weeks gig before I make up my mind but if I do decide to stick with it, I really fancy the Tech21 Bass Boost Chorus!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A long time ago I used a Boss RPS-10 to detune the wet signal a little. But my mate broke that for me.

I've got a Trace Elliot Quad Chorus, used to use it a lot but it's gone quite noisy, even when bypassed there's a sort of phased whistle in the signal. I should try and get that sorted.

Had an old DOD chorus that I modified. It was great until it died. Should get that sorted too.

Had a Digitech Bass Chorus, but that was too bland.

Now I use the Detune on my Zoom B3.

• 2 weeks later...

[color="#800000"]I've owned a Boss CH-1, an Ibanez BC-10 and am currently using a Boss CE-5. I find the EQ-knob on the CE-5 rather useful when using chorus on bass.[/color]

[color="#800000"]However, I am now in search for a chorus with presets. Should make it easy to dial in a right sound for each bass, each band, each setting, without having to twist the knobs all of the time. Thinking on ordering the [url="http://www.mooeraudio.com/?product/201512161747.html"]Mooer Reverie Chorus[/url].
Any thoughts on this, or experiences with the Mooer chorusses?[/color]

• 2 weeks later...

Had a Boss CE-2. Liked it but sold it - Paid £25 used before the prices of MIJ Boss pedals went through the roof, then sold it on when I realised I could make a healthy profit and I didn't really use chorus enough to warrant keeping it. Lovely warm sound though.

Then got a CE-2B. Essentially a CE-2 with an added level knob. Found it too subtle for band use so moved it on.

Currently using a CE-5. Love the EQ control for use on bass and seems to cut through the mix far better than the previous two. Definitely a harsher, more clinical sound than the CE-2 or CE-2B, but seems to work better in a band context because of it.