Why become a member? ×

BCers Prepared to Help Fix a Bass

Grangur

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1480608008' post='3185819']
I need somebody (preferably in Herts) to earth the pick ups in a Spector fretless donated to the Herts Bash raffle - let me know if you can help (or direct me to a link which tells me how to do it)
[/quote]

I've sorted earthing, now just got to do some work on the nut and it will be ready for the Herts Bash next year. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='lownote12' timestamp='1488050388' post='3245461']
I'm in the middle of East Anglia. Happy to help with setting up and beginner bassics. Don't ask me about soldering iron stuff though.
[/quote]

Same in Portsmouth, Hampshire

• Thanks 1

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1493840911' post='3291229']
I am in Tamworth and reasonably handy across a range of skills but never done fretwork. I have a wide array of tools and kit to problem solve if needed as well.
[/quote]
Hey, many thanks T-Bay

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1493840911' post='3291229']
I am in Tamworth and reasonably handy across a range of skills but never done fretwork. I have a wide array of tools and kit to problem solve if needed as well.
[/quote]

Don't suppose you're any good at soldering are you mate? I'm in Ashbourne and really need my 1977 bass looking at. I had EMG's in it and they've gone kaput. Want to put the original pickups back in but I've misplaced my soldering iron during my recent move /:

[quote name='ChazzJEUK' timestamp='1495837643' post='3307056']

Don't suppose you're any good at soldering are you mate? I'm in Ashbourne and really need my 1977 bass looking at. I had EMG's in it and they've gone kaput. Want to put the original pickups back in but I've misplaced my soldering iron during my recent move /:
[/quote]
I am pretty useful with a soldering iron and happy to have a look for you. When do you need it doing? My best soldering iron is at work at the mo and I am off for a week but my other one should be fine for doing that anyway. If you did want to have a go yourself you can pick up reasonable soldering irons for around £10 these days.

• Thanks 1

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1495871003' post='3307147']

I am pretty useful with a soldering iron and happy to have a look for you. When do you need it doing? My best soldering iron is at work at the mo and I am off for a week but my other one should be fine for doing that anyway. If you did want to have a go yourself you can pick up reasonable soldering irons for around £10 these days.
[/quote]

I bought a brand new one before I moved /: whenever is best for you mate :)

[quote name='ChazzJEUK' timestamp='1495883708' post='3307310']

I bought a brand new one before I moved /: whenever is best for you mate :)
[/quote]
Thursday and Friday next week are out but other than that I have a pretty quiet week, drop me a pm and we can work something out.

• 2 months later...

I can muck in here, Im in Rugeley (Staffordshire) ...standard set ups and lower tuning set ups, solder repairs, preamp fitting, some body work repairs (depending on severity and finish type), cavity shielding / grounding, plus a bit of damaged truss rod nut removal type of thing. :)

Edited by Bassulike66
  • Thanks 1

[quote name='Bassulike66' timestamp='1501711757' post='3346883']
I can muck in here, Im in Rugeley (Staffordshire) ...standard set ups and lower tuning set ups, solder repairs, preamp fitting, some body work repairs (depending on severity and finish type), cavity shielding / grounding, plus a bit of damaged truss rod nut removal type of thing. :)
[/quote]
Many thanks. You're on the list

[quote name='Chienmortbb' timestamp='1453682464' post='2961846']
Based on the South Coast too at Poole Dorset. Often in Bournemouth, Southampton, Romsey and Winchester areas. Will do basic setup and any electrics/electronics. Including action, intonation, pickup replacement, preamp design and/or installation, pots, caps Jack sockets and general wiring.

Custom instrument cables and speaker/speakon leads.

Still learning fretwork and finishing so can't do that at the moment.
[/quote]Now happy to do fret levelling and crowning.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

Happy to help out if i can. Now based just outside Swindon... I have done major and minor mods...I dont have a woodwork shop set up at the moment but do still have the gear so its worth asking.  

Happy to do various re finishes..some woodwork alterations.(sky would have been the limit if i still had my workshop) Wiring ...to a point...pick up replacements...soldering..set up...re fretting most necks...de fretting... fret dressing...re levelling...crowning..neck shimming..etc.

I will be straight up and honest about my ability and comfort zone..have done loads of stuff for friends and myself. There are a couple of build diaries on here...candy tangerine jazz bass...les paul bass overhaul and re finish. I have just finished a complete overhaul refinish and upgrade of a dire Warwick streamer bass that I need to upload as well. 

Drop me a PM . Cheers

Carl

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im still available to help anyone out in the North East. Im based in the south durham area.

I've also did some neck/fret work via post if anyone can't get help in there area. Im certainly not trying to take anything away from others, just I know sometimes there may not be anyone to hand.

I do setup work from the basic things to the more advanced. All aspects of fret work including refretting, board leveling if needed etc, some minor electrical work and i can also do minor cosmetic work/damage repair.

Im updating as I've had a couple of enquiries on here of late. And it's been mentioned my last post on this thread is a little old. 

Thanks

• 6 months later...