Why become a member? ×

Herts Bass Bash 2016 - Sunday 5th June

TheGreek

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1465023700' post='3064669']
:( I'm out I'm afraid, weekend shifts mean alternative plans dammit!
Somebody please take pics of Greeks new toy as I'm dying to see how it looks!!!!
[/quote]

I'm sure Silvia will be on the case. That girl is very good with a camera :)

Sorry people, I'm posting a sick note I'm afraid.

My back is playing up big time and the pain killers I'm taking will not allow me to drive the distance.

However, enjoy the peace and quiet of a Sunday afternoon in leafy Hertfordshire and have a great time for me, please, y'hear?

Mick - incoming pm for you....

Yes...it's finally here..

[URL=http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/FairfaxAikman/media/TBirds%20are%20go_zpspinftq3r.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q639/FairfaxAikman/TBirds%20are%20go_zpspinftq3r.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last one there loves Vanessa Dilly!!

Really gutted I am not going to get here. Just having to deal with a puncture, and because I have one if these stupid roadside repair kits rather than a proper spare tyre, I'm going to have to abandon my journey and head for a tyre fitting place. Was looking forward to meeting you all in the flesh too!
Grrrrrr.

Just got home, was great to meet everyone, had a really good day trying out plenty of stuff I've not seen before... Was particularly fond of the Enfield basses and a lovely Stanley Clarke alembic.

Thanks to grangur for letting me share his amp set up and for the lift back to the station :)

See you all next year.

Just home from the Bass Bash and I'm going to start annoying my neighbours shortly, courtesy of Andyjr1515, who delivered my refurbed mystery bass. Lots of compliments about what he'd done especially from those who had seen it at the Midlands Bash. The change from the bass I gave him and the bass I got back is incredible. There were several people out with cameras so I'm sure there'll be photos here shortly.

My thanks to everybody who helped out especially Chris (Bassface2k10) for photos and manning the canteen, Louise (Mrs Grangur) who also helped out in the canteen and baked lots of cakes with the proceeds to the club's funds, Lozz and Nick Smith for the seminars/shoot out, Silvia (Bluejay) for the pics and forthcoming blog, Valentin Hristov (forteVio) who brought along one of his electric uprights - would have liked to have been able to have him do a seminar but we'd allocated the seminars before he'd confirmed. Thanks also go to SiBob's Mum and Dad who again were available for photos. I wished I'd managed to get some photos done with the new mystery bass, just hoping that Silvia and Chris got some.

Thanks to Andy and Jez (Jabba) for displaying their wares (and very nice too BTW fellas) - I'm already planning my next build, I'd like to think that they inspire others attending to think about commissions from either or both.

More thanks going out to those who contributed to the raffle, Gary(Mac), Simon (Hertsbass) who donated £50 to the fund, Andy from D'Addario, EBUK for the MM SubRay, and Skinnyman who, after winning the signed Bass, donated a further £20 to the club's funds and finally Nick Smith who donated a free lesson at his new shop.

Also to all those attending who made the day a success (I believe we raised around £575) - just hope you enjoyed the day.

I thanks you all...

Just a few pictures I took of the day, Silvia and Simons dad will have the better ones, also enjoy having a good natter with Louisa while we served you guys :-)

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:220854]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:220853]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:220852]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:220851]

Edited by bassface2k10