Why become a member? ×

Herts Bass Bash 2016 - Sunday 5th June

TheGreek

Many, many thanks to Guy and Joel at Blaze Publishing (Bass Guitar Magazine) for again supporting this event by providing numerous raffle prizes. So good to see organisations supporting grass roots events and giving something back to the Bass playing community.

Guy was good enough to give up his own copy of this month's magazine [size=5][b]signed by Robert Trujillo.[/b][/size]

[size=5][size=4]Again, many thanks fellas...[/size][/size]

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the previous post... Cocked that up

Just adding myself to the list

1. TheGreek
2. Bassface 2k10
3. Billy Apple
4. bluejay
5. Skinnyman
6. gary_mac
7. such
8. Bottle
9. Grangur
10. Lozz196
11. Truckstop
​12. Sibob (pending new baby situations)
13. Jazzneck (90% sure)
14. NickD
15. ChunkyMunky
16. Davo-London
17. disgrace of bass
18. MacDaddy
19. Adonbass

OK, with just under two months to go we're going to have to start finalising details for this years event.[list]
[*]Preliminary plans are to do our usual test which[b] Lozz[/b] will provide details of in the not too distant...
[*]Nick Smith ([b]Doctor of the Bass[/b]) will be back again with a seminar on SIMS p/ups and the Enfield Basses which he is a stockist for. I'm hoping that he doesn't do too good a job TBH - ([i]I believe[/i]) I've got enough basses already without acquiring more GAS.
[*][b]SiBob's parents[/b] did a great job last year as official Herts Bash photographers, providing great quality photos of attendees with their basses FOC. Just waiting for confirmation that they'll be offering this service for us again.
[*][b]Andy from D'Addario[/b] will again be present, supporting the event with access to his knowledge of strings and prizes for the raffle. I'm sure if there's demand he'll bring strings, etc which will be available to buy. Please let us know if there are any D'Addario products you can't do without.
[*][b]The Greek[/b] has spent months scouring online market places for interesting Bass related prizes for the raffle. Some people have already benefited from some the unusual prizes I've managed to acquire. [b]Bass Guitar magazine[/b] have again provided raffle prizes including a copy of the LBGS edition signed by [b]Robert Trujillo[/b]. [b]Mark King[/b] has graciously signed a collectible 1902 bottle of King's Ale for us(see pics above). Obviously any other prizes will be gratefully accepted.
[*][b]Bassface 2k10[/b] will again be manning the canteen with a range of hot/cold drinks and savouries.
[*]I'm hoping that luthier [b]Martin Herrick[/b] will be along with some of his custom pick ups - he's happy to discuss custom pick ups and retro fits for the most popular basses.
[*]We'd like to have a [b]marketplace[/b] where attendees can buy/trade gear so if you have anything you'd like to sell/trade bring it along.
[*]Hopefully [b]Bluejay and Jack[/b] will again be providing cameras to record events for the blog and YT.
[/list]
The format and costs are pretty much as last year - remember that the money you spend goes directly to the venue and helps keep it open for local community.

[u][b]Costs[/b][/u] - [b]Entry:[/b] £10
[b]Raffle:[/b] £5 for two tickets

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Edited by TheGreek

Checked the diary and I'm actually not working.... Which is a miracle.

Although I don't think that I'm going to contribute much as I have hardly touched my bass in about a year due to work commitments.

So as a Bash virgin......what sort of things happen at these get togethers ???

In brief, most people bring a selection of their gear, so others can have a tryout. There are usually a couple of presentations/seminars/tutorials/gear shoot-outs. A raffle where thanks to Micks (The Greek) amazing ability to wangle gear out of companies there are usually a couple of decent prizes, plus many bass/music related donations. And we get to meet each other face to face, rather than keyboard to keyboard.

But the best thing of all is that we raise money for a good cause - in this instance for the youth club where we have the bash. It`s great that our hobby can help raise money to keep such places up & running as due to recent government cuts etc (am not going political here), places like these are closing all over the place. Our contributions are always welcomed.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1459684809' post='3018587']
Thinking about setting up a space for "items for sale" but need to know whether it's going to be viable.

If anybody is bringing something to sell can they list this against their name.

Thanks

Mick
[/quote]
I can kick this off with:

Warwick Thumb BO 5er
Hipshot Bridge 4 String in chrome.

And here's the orderly queue of folk interested, of which I'm certain: :P

[b]1. TheGreek [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Epi Jack Casady & Veillette Citron ([/font][/color][i]hasn't been out for a while[/i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif])[/font][/color]
[b]2. Bassface 2k10
3. Billy Apple
4. bluejay
5. Skinnyman
6. gary_mac
7. such
8. Bottle
9. Grangur [/b]Barefaced One10, MarkBass LM3, Warwick Thumb BO 5er
[b]10. Lozz196
11. Truckstop
13. Jazzneck (90% sure)
14. NickD
15. ChunkyMunky
16. Davo-London
17. disgrace of bass
18. MacDaddy
19. Adonbass
19 Happy Jack
20 Hertsbass[/b]

Edited by Grangur

Damn senile dementia!!!

I meant to ask people to list what they intend to bring...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]1. TheGreek[/b] - Epi Jack Casady & Veillette Citron ([i]hasn't been out for a while[/i])[/font][/color]
[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Bassface 2k10[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. Billy Apple[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. bluejay[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5. Skinnyman[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6. gary_mac[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. such[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]8. Bottle[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]9. Grangur[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]10. Lozz196[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]11. Truckstop[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]​12. Sibob (pending new baby situations)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]13. Jazzneck (90% sure)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]14. NickD[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]15. ChunkyMunky[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]16. Davo-London[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]17. disgrace of bass[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]18. MacDaddy[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]19. Adonbass[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]19 Happy Jack[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]20 Hertsbass [/font][/color][/b]

Who're you saying is senile!!!! :o

I resemble that remark!

[b]1. TheGreek [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Epi Jack Casady & Veillette Citron ([/font][/color][i]hasn't been out for a while[/i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif])[/font][/color]
[b]2. Bassface 2k10
3. Billy Apple
4. bluejay
5. Skinnyman
6. gary_mac
7. such
8. Bottle
9. Grangur [/b] - [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Barefaced One10, MarkBass LM3, Warwick Thumb BO 5er[/font][/color]
[b]10. Lozz196
11. Truckstop
13. Jazzneck (90% sure)
14. NickD
15. ChunkyMunky
16. Davo-London
17. disgrace of bass
18. MacDaddy
19. Adonbass
19 Happy Jack
20 Hertsbass[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

Edited by Grangur

If anybody can think of anywhere to display a poster please feel free to copy.

[URL=http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/FairfaxAikman/media/download_zps8z8bzaa1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q639/FairfaxAikman/download_zps8z8bzaa1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[b]2. Bassface 2k10
3. Billy Apple
4. bluejay
5. Skinnyman
6. gary_mac
7. such
8. Bottle [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Ibanez Bass, Line6 Amp, Various Pedals and 1x12 Cab[/font][/color] [b]
9. Grangur [/b] - [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Barefaced One10, MarkBass LM3, Warwick Thumb BO 5er[/font][/color]
[b]10. Lozz196
11. Truckstop
13. Jazzneck (90% sure)
14. NickD
15. ChunkyMunky
16. Davo-London
17. disgrace of bass
18. MacDaddy
19. Adonbass
19 Happy Jack
20 Hertsbass[/b]

1. TheGreek
2. Bassface 2k10
3. Billy Apple
4. bluejay
5. Skinnyman
6. gary_mac
7. such
8. Bottle
9. Grangur
10. Lozz196
11. Truckstop
13. Jazzneck (90% sure)
14. NickD
15. ChunkyMunky
16. Davo-London
17. disgrace of bass
18. MacDaddy
19. Adonbass
20. Ordep

[b]2. Bassface 2k10
3. Billy Apple
4. bluejay
5. Skinnyman
6. gary_mac
7. such
8. Bottle [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Ibanez Bass, Line6 Amp, Various Pedals and 1x12 Cab[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]
[b]9. Grangur [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Barefaced One10, MarkBass LM3, Warwick Thumb BO 5er[/font][/color]
[b]10. Lozz196
11. Truckstop
13. Jazzneck (90% sure)
14. NickD
15. ChunkyMunky
16. Davo-London
17. disgrace of bass
18. MacDaddy
19. Adonbass
19 Happy Jack
20 Hertsbass[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]
[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]21. Ordep[/font][/color][/b]

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1460494377' post='3026313']
Mick, for best results I'd need an image of slightly better quality for the Facebook event on Basschat's page - the resolution of this one is pretty low.
I'll create the FB event in a week or two.
[/quote]
[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1460494940' post='3026326']
The photo is quite grainy unfortunately...
[/quote]
If you want to grab attention, posters work better with Black print on a white background.

Also, if anyone is to print it, that image will eat ink like there's no tomorrow. Sorry, Mick!

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1460572202' post='3026982']
If you want to grab attention, posters work better with Black print on a white background.

Also, if anyone is to print it, that image will eat ink like there's no tomorrow. Sorry, Mick!
[/quote]

I've emailed the poster to local studios and music shops. Coda Music in Stevenage will be displaying it for us..hopefully others will too

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1460572041' post='3026979']
[b]2. Bassface 2k10
3. Billy Apple
4. bluejay
5. Skinnyman - fender bassman head and neo 410 cab. Dingwall p/j, sandberg vm5 and a roland gr55 synth
6. gary_mac
7. such
8. Bottle [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Ibanez Bass, Line6 Amp, Various Pedals and 1x12 Cab[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]
[b]9. Grangur [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Barefaced One10, MarkBass LM3, Warwick Thumb BO 5er[/font][/color]
[b]10. Lozz196
11. Truckstop
13. Jazzneck (90% sure)
14. NickD
15. ChunkyMunky
16. Davo-London
17. disgrace of bass
18. MacDaddy
19. Adonbass
19 Happy Jack
[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]21. Ordep[/font][/color][/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1460143944' post='3023118']
OK, with just under two months to go we're going to have to start finalising details for this years event.[list]
[*]Preliminary plans are to do our usual test which[b] Lozz[/b] will provide details of in the not too distant...
[*]Nick Smith ([b]Doctor of the Bass[/b]) will be back again with a seminar on SIMS p/ups and the Enfield Basses which he is a stockist for. I'm hoping that he doesn't do too good a job TBH - ([i]I believe[/i]) I've got enough basses already without acquiring more GAS.
[*][b]SiBob's parents[/b] did a great job last year as official Herts Bash photographers, providing great quality photos of attendees with their basses FOC. Just waiting for confirmation that they'll be offering this service for us again.
[*][b]Andy from D'Addario[/b] will again be present, supporting the event with access to his knowledge of strings and prizes for the raffle. I'm sure if there's demand he'll bring strings, etc which will be available to buy. Please let us know if there are any D'Addario products you can't do without.
[*][b]The Greek[/b] has spent months scouring online market places for interesting Bass related prizes for the raffle. Some people have already benefited from some the unusual prizes I've managed to acquire. [b]Bass Guitar magazine[/b] have again provided raffle prizes including a copy of the LBGS edition signed by [b]Robert Trujillo[/b]. [b]Mark King[/b] has graciously signed a collectible 1902 bottle of King's Ale for us(see pics above). Obviously any other prizes will be gratefully accepted.
[*][b]Bassface 2k10[/b] will again be manning the canteen with a range of hot/cold drinks and savouries.
[*]I'm hoping that luthier [b]Martin Herrick[/b] will be along with some of his custom pick ups - he's happy to discuss custom pick ups and retro fits for the most popular basses.
[*]We'd like to have a [b]marketplace[/b] where attendees can buy/trade gear so if you have anything you'd like to sell/trade bring it along.
[*]Hopefully [b]Bluejay and Jack[/b] will again be providing cameras to record events for the blog and YT.
[/list]
The format and costs are pretty much as last year - remember that the money you spend goes directly to the venue and helps keep it open for local community.

[u][b]Costs[/b][/u] - [b]Entry:[/b] £10
[b]Raffle:[/b] £5 for two tickets

Looking forward to seeing you all again.
[/quote]

Awesome!

Am hoping to make it this year, Mick :)