Why become a member? ×

Herts Bass Bash 2016 - Sunday 5th June

TheGreek

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1465238664' post='3066436']
Si pondering where to insert the plug :lol:

[url="https://flic.kr/p/HKQPCq"][/url]
[/quote]

I keep getting visions of that Darkglass suddenly coming to life and emitting the most appalling sounds ...

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1465246448' post='3066530']

I keep getting visions of that Darkglass suddenly coming to life and emitting the most appalling sounds ...
[/quote]

Who's was that after all? Is it back working or had it genuinely died?

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1465254207' post='3066628']
Who's was that after all? Is it back working or had it genuinely died?

Si
[/quote]

Mine. We hooked it up on it's own with different leads and power supplies and no dice. Not tried it back at home, but I should imagine it will be going back.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1465276368' post='3066655']
Mine. We hooked it up on it's own with different leads and power supplies and no dice. Not tried it back at home, but I should imagine it will be going back.
[/quote]

Weird, not heard of DG Pedals going down before.
Hope you get it sorted

Si

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1465390268' post='3067759']
I have now uploaded Nick (Doctor of the Bass) Smith's talk about SimS pickups. Still working on the photos from the bash. :)

[media]http://youtu.be/OvwumLSkXzU[/media]
[/quote]
Perfect timing, bluejay :) Thanks

Again, congrats Mick and team for raising that amount of money - thanks Silvia for the clip, really pleased with the way the basses sound! Anyone wishing to come and check out the Enfields in my new Bass Is studio - feel free to contact me on here or via [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] BillyApple, let me know when you are available and we can set a date!! Thanks also to Andy for your comments during the demo! Cheers!

[quote name='zbd1960' timestamp='1465416499' post='3068098']
Very good sound on that - I pushed the output from the PC through an external DAC connected to hi-fi, very good bass.
[/quote]

Silvie does all the band videos for the bands I play in. That camera she uses has an excellent microphone, and always does justice to the sound of the band.

Thanks Jack. Both the videos were recorded with your Zoom Q2. I'm happy that the sound is good here. Basschat received a few disparaging comments on Twitter about the previous video, the pedal shootout, where a constant hum could be heard. I had to point out that the hum was what we heard in the room, and it wasn't added to the mix by the camera.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1465466821' post='3068449']
Silvie does all the band videos for the bands I play in. That camera she uses has an excellent microphone, and always does justice to the sound of the band.
[/quote]

I know. We only have to listen to you playing 'Happy Birthday' to know how excellent the sound is! :lol: ;)

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1465468530' post='3068473']
Oops. :blush:
[/quote]

Makes no difference in practice! The Zoom has a brilliant microphone too. :)

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1465470020' post='3068492']
I know. We only have to listen to you playing 'Happy Birthday' to know how excellent the sound is! :lol: ;)
[/quote]

You should have been there... :lol: :P

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1466155341' post='3073684']
Photos from my dad will hopefully be forthcoming this Sunday.
Although my the time I get to upload them, probably be that I send them around on Monday

Si
[/quote]

Thanks for the update Si and looking forward to seeing them!

A message from the Chairperson:
[color=#000000]
​Hello, Mick, Rob and Dave--[/color][color=#000000]
Allow me to introduce myself: I am Hilary Burningham and I chair the Management Committee at Breaks Manor Youth and Community Centre. I am writing on behalf of the Management Committee to express our warmest thanks for your kindness and generosity following your successful Bass Bash at the Centre a few weeks ago. [/color][color=#000000]
In the course of the day, you will have had an opportunity to see the state of the kitchen that serves the main hall. Sadly, it is virtually derelict and we are working hard to secure sufficient funds for a complete refurbishment. Your generous contribution of £641 brings the total raised to date to just under £5,000, almost half way to our goal of £10,000.[/color][color=#000000]
Rob, and Dave, your kind offers of equipment are also very much appreciated and will be put to good use.[/color][color=#000000]
Additionally, I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that we very much welcome the interest and involvement of enthusiasts like yourselves and, should you wish to visit the Centre to see our Music Studio and other facilities, I and my colleagues would very much enjoy meeting you and showing you around.[/color][color=#000000]
Again, thank you very much for your interest and support, and may you enjoy continued success with your musical pursuits.[/color][color=#000000]
With all good wishes,[/color][color=#000000]
Hilary Burningham (Mrs)[/color][color=#000000]
Chairman, Breaks Manor Management Committee[/color]

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1466792702' post='3078947']
Excellent stuff, thank you Hilary and Mick.

The blog is now published! (Apologies for taking this long) - check it out here: [url="http://wp.me/p2ZbyY-vO"]http://wp.me/p2ZbyY-vO[/url]
As always, let me know about any errors and omissions. :)
[/quote]
Great blog, Silvia

Many thanks for all of the effort you've put into this :)

Andy (and I'm sure, the rest of us :) )