Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR 300 IPT - neck

0george0

[quote name='0george0' timestamp='1454120678' post='2966748']
To be honest it's really difficult to finy any neck (replacement) for that model. I wouldn't pay only for the neck more than for a new guitar.

Current one is broken (car accident).
[/quote]

I assume you have decided the neck is beyond repair (broken into many pieces with a ruined truss rod)?

If it's just shattered at the headstock it might be a simple repair. If no such luck - you're best to start from scratch. As the neck has a 24 frets plus an extra extension you'll struggle to find anything to match. If you're crafty it might be worth making your own. Otherwise you may need a new bass.

Realistically, used Ibby SRs turn up all the time, I'm confident you could find a tidy SR300 for around £120 or less without too much trouble. Pretty sure if you managed to source a new neck you'd probably be paying that much or more anyway.

FWIW I picked up an SR500 for £87 a couple of months ago. The body was pretty rough but the neck was almost like new.

Jon.