Why become a member? ×

New fender elite series jazz and p bass ?

afterimage

I really think that bass players the world over should boycott Fender and never buy any of their products ever again. They are an evil company who do nothing but exploit serious musicians with their shoddy work which they have the cheek to call instruments. All the professionals who have been duped over the years into using these hunks of wood to perform and record with deserve our praise for putting up with it for so long. I would go further and suggest that at every basschat bash that is held forum members who are unfortunate enough to own such dismal excuses for a bass should bring them along and form a bonfire. After the bonfire is lit the accumulated membership could circle the fire chanting the makes of all the companies who have copied Fender basses. Perhaps then the message will get through to this misguided company in California that they just cannot make basses. Bring out the torches and burn them I say!

They seem roughly in line price wise with the deluxe line they are replacing.

The natural jazz with black blocks looks very promising, similar to the Squire VM 70s which for me is just about the best looking bass in the entire Fender range (especially now they seem to have discontinued the natural deluxe).

Edited by Cato

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1454254853' post='2967863']
Yes, how very dare they, as makers of musical instruments, design and put [b]new[/b] musical instruments on the market.
[/quote]
I think the point is that they don't :D

Don't get me wrong I love Fender basses, and I will continue playing Precisions til I die, but every new line is just a rehashed old line. For that reason, I'll probably never buy a new one again.

I wish they'd be more innovative, and design a modern version of a P and J bass. Y'know, like Leo Fender did when he set up G&L.

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1454367892' post='2969147']
Don't get me wrong I love Fender basses, and I will continue playing Precisions til I die, but every new line is just a rehashed old line. For that reason, I'll probably never buy a new one again.

I wish they'd be more innovative, and design a modern version of a P and J bass. Y'know, like Leo Fender did when he set up G&L.
[/quote]

They should definately do a P and J with Dimension Electronics - even as a special run it'd be cool.

I'm not sure Fender can really win.

If any of us were offered our choice of any new Fender bass from the current range how many would go for a Dimension?

Over the years they've had a few goes at doing something different both with guitars & basses, none of which, as far as I know, have set the world alight sales wise.

Edited by Cato

[quote name='therealting' timestamp='1454370350' post='2969171']
The problem is that so many other companies are doing very good modern P and Js. People generally seem to want classic Fenders, myself included.
[/quote]

Fender definitely seem to base themselves on their vintage reputation. Pretty much their entire top-line range - the Custom Shop - is guitars that have been artificially "relicked" by chipping away the paint job to make it look old and tatty.

I don't understand it personally. Vintage Fender tone, yes please but give me a nice new paint job and I'll try my best to avoid chipping it lol

[quote name='thegummy' timestamp='1454372677' post='2969195']
Fender definitely seem to base themselves on their vintage reputation. Pretty much their entire top-line range - the Custom Shop - is guitars that have been artificially "relicked" by chipping away the paint job to make it look old and tatty.

I don't understand it personally. Vintage Fender tone, yes please but give me a nice new paint job and I'll try my best to avoid chipping it lol
[/quote]

They base it on their vintage reputation for good reason. They're simple, uncomplicated instruments that have a place in history. The mojo of a good vintage bass is undeniable to those who like that sort of thing... says the guy who owns two Dingwalls and a Sadowsky