Why become a member? ×

Warmoth fretless jazz neck
£225

***SOLD***

Warmoth fretless jazz neck in good condition. An ideal neck for starting on fretless. It's a maple neck with a macassar ebony fingerboard. The neck profile is similar to a fender jazz, very slim and fast. The neck has a tru-oil finish which is smooth and satin-y.

Warmoth has a few extra features that you won't usually see on fender necks that are worth considering. Inside the neck is a pair of steel reinforcement rods in addition to the truss rod, making these neck extremely stable. The beautiful piece of ebony that the fingerboard is made of is something you'd rarely see outside of a custom build.

The neck has been strung with flat wounds during use so fret wear is minimal. The only reason for sale is that I have realised fretless isn't for me, and I don't want to ruin this lovely piece of ebony by putting frets on it!

I would be interested in trades for a fretted neck of similar quality and value. It must be a neck that will fit into a fender neck-pocket. Otherwise I am looking for [s]225[/s] 180 ONO, or 150 without the tuners. Collection from Maida Vale in central London much preferred.

Edited by planktonium

Ah, sorry I misunderstood the question. My mistake.

I weighed it yesterday in two ways and took an average: (1.1 + 1.5)/2 = 1.3 kg.

Since the tuners are 98g each the neck without the tuners is about 900g according to these estimates. As you can see the weights are quite variable. I think I trust the first measurement of 1.1kg the most.