Why become a member? ×

Vitoos DC8. Anyone use one?

sixdegrees

I'm looking at a power brick for my new pedal board, and this one seems to fit the bill perfectly.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B015XZQWIU/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1453990153&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=vitoos&dpPl=1&dpID=41IObxMSABL&ref=plSrch

8 x 9v outputs at 300mA each
2 x 9/12/18v outputs at 1000mA each

It's described as isolated, but I'm not sure if each output is isolated or just the switchable ones from the other 8.

Regardless of being fully isolated, it seems too good to be true at the price (£36.99 inc p&p), and covers the awkwardness of powering a couple of thirsty pedals at both 9v and 12v.

Is there anything I've missed, or should be aware of before pulling the trigger?

I've got one - decent for the money and will power the pedal at correct voltages - albeit the isolated output marketing is rather misleading. I think there are two "banks" that may be electrically isolated, but each output definitely is not! It has introduced a bit of a noise floor to my pedals - so eventually I decided to do this properly and bought a One-Spot Pro CS12. It's not terrible but enough to bother my obsessive nature ;)

Definitely not bad to arrange and power a "larger" pedalboard, but you get what you pay for in this case, including a European wal-wart supply in my case. I did end up running a on-off 12v inline switch between the wall adapter and the brick, to be able to switch off the power without having to unplug it each time.

In summary, good stop-gap solution, but one you'll likely want to replace sooner rather than later...