Why become a member? ×

Good small stand for gigs?

Guinness21

[quote name='Guinness21' timestamp='1454061379' post='2965845']
Drew at GBBL recommended the Cooperstand duro pro, but they look like a bass would lean really far back on one.

All thoughts and suggestions welcome :D
[/quote]

I use one of these. They`re not bad actually, only slightly awkward thing is if the lead is connected via your guitar strap it can get in the way, but otherwise a nice little bit of kit.

[quote name='Guinness21' timestamp='1454495931' post='2970196']
I have a Bergantino CN212, don't think I have a lip I could use for this. Now I'm considering this - [url="http://www.guitarholder.com/"]http://www.guitarholder.com/[/url]

It's a foam holder, and attaches to a cabinet with a velcro strip. I've emailed them asking how the velcro attaches to the cabinet.
[/quote]

Be interested to hear how this pans out - looks very interesting!

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1454598342' post='2971210']
Although i do have a proper stand, these days im more likely to use one of these

[/quote]

That doesn't look nearly sturdy enough, looks like it will fall if knocked.

I'm interested in the foam holder, I emailed them and got an auto-response but still haven't heard back <_<

[quote name='Guinness21' timestamp='1454666303' post='2971757']
That doesn't look nearly sturdy enough, looks like it will fall if knocked.

I'm interested in the foam holder, I emailed them and got an auto-response but still haven't heard back <_<
[/quote]

Sturdy enough for almost 2 years of regular use on wooden stages ;-)
Its never slipped or caused my bass to get damaged, although it does tend to bounce off the cab if not secured when there is no bass in it.

I have been looking for a small portable stand but all the ones I have seen don't look like they give good secure support. Having been on stage with clumsy musicians (myself included) and witnessed disasters and near misses I want something secure.

I ordered a stretch Velcro bicycle clip off eBay £1.77 and attached this to my cab using one of the screws for the grill. Seems to do the job for me! Ideally it would have been better on the side of the cab and if the cab was taller it would give more support.

Edited by paddy109

• 1 month later...