Why become a member? ×

Boss Micro Br

Hiperi0n

Hello guys , i just got a boss micro br 4 track studio...i can say i'm amazed of this little things...
it has 4 tracks (32virtual) it has a multi effects (mostly for guitar.. :huh: ) and a lot of drums patterns (too bad the most are in 4/4)

The other cool things is that it has the possibility to download inside mp3s and to slow them without changing the pitch a great tools for studying songs or excercise....

i found it used and i'm really happy with it!!

i bought a 2 gigabyte card..but seems it recognize only one giga :) that's bad

Anyway a great little piece equipment for study or recording ideas or riffs....great things...if you are in the market for something like that..go for it....

it has also a good internal mix..for acustic stuff or to record live without an input....

get thyself down to Staples... 512 meg SD cards are a fiver... 1 Gig for a tenner

far cheaper than the ones in Tesco's, Asda etc. they're trying to gouge you for £18 for a 1 Gig one...

and to think, three years ago, I paid £90 for a 128 meg one for my Palm PDA... :)

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='29829' date='Jul 10 2007, 04:10 PM']i paid 15 euros for 2 gigabyte sandisk cart :) was a good price that why i risked to get it ...i've read on some forums that the micro br with bigger sd cards will work always at 1 giga....but i tried :huh:[/quote]

it actually gives the limit in the leaflet "about memory cards" that should be in the box.

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='29930' date='Jul 10 2007, 08:23 PM']it actually gives the limit in the leaflet "about memory cards" that should be in the box.[/quote]

it don't tell that the maximum is 1 giga..there is only a tab with all type of Sd cards and the time of recording available with that card...but don't specific tell that the 1 giga is the maximum...anyway also with 1 giga there's a lot of space for make stuff!

I have a BR and use it loads.....

I did read on the Boss website somewhere in the specs (I think) that it can only manage 1gig of memory as it cannot process any more space..... It does benefit from a quick 1Gig card tho'

And to be honest you can get a lot of stuff on 1 gig if you try.

Not tried using the open mic (yet) so cant comment......

Muppet...... It has a mid section cut, ( I guess aimed mostly at ***itarists, but its pretty horrid.....). You can adapt the mix by boosting the line input so your bass is lots loader than the orginal track (which is what I do for practice) especially if you have an active out put...

And yes you can import anyting in MP3 format ---- Wont handle MP4 or AIFF tho'

B