Why become a member? ×

More ambient(ish) bass

BassBus

Another ambient flavoured tune. The Flashback delay has arrived so on the board. Lovely piece of kit, just have to learn how to use it. Ending didn't turn out quite as expected but still plenty of noise.

WARNING: If you are at all offended by the use of a pick on a bass or a bass guitar that doesn't always sound like a bass guitar then you might want to give this a miss.

On the other hand you could live dangerously, you know you want to. :D

http://youtu.be/v1GOVD8oBTk

Edited by BassBus

• 3 weeks later...

great sounds! Please feel free to ignore me, but... When it builds up to the point of distortion, the distortion isn't very nice. It might be worth putting a nicer dirt pedal or amp sim at the end of the chain, or if you wanted it clean then a limiter.

I would love to have a go on your pedal board inside a feedback loop!

[quote name='Dapper Bandit' timestamp='1455666703' post='2981402']
Very nice indeed! You kind of lose yourself in it and almost forget it's on only to catch yourself listening to it later on. But then that's sort of the point of ambient music, right?

Two thumbs up, while definitely keep an eye out for the next one.
[/quote]

Thanks, as Cameron said, music to wash dishes by. The next one is turning out to be quite abstract. Leaning more to pure ambient.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1455713229' post='2981693']
great sounds! Please feel free to ignore me, but... When it builds up to the point of distortion, the distortion isn't very nice. It might be worth putting a nicer dirt pedal or amp sim at the end of the chain, or if you wanted it clean then a limiter.

I would love to have a go on your pedal board inside a feedback loop!
[/quote]

The distortion is part of the lofi delay type. It wasn't meant to be that way. It was meant to be on the tape delay which brought the sound from the ditto back in a kind of wash. Somehow I nudged the switch. Ho hum, as Brian Eno has said, celebrate your mistakes. That's what you learn from.

[quote name='blueburstbass93' timestamp='1455812341' post='2982668']
Very nice! I like the effects on the bass lead that sound like singing, only think i'd say is you could pick closer to the neck on the melody stuff, make it sound a bit mellow but thats my personal preference.
[/quote]

Thanks. I picked it where I did as I wanted that punch to the tone when the tune started. Maybe an idea for the future though.

Edited by BassBus