Why become a member? ×

Precision Fiesta Red P-J Pickups £250
£250

Davy

This was my project P-J build put together by The Bassdoc last year.

It's made from:

A Squire body, tuners, bridge and precision pickups.

The bridge pickup was fitted by The Bassdoc, as was the tortoise shell scratchplate and the Bassdoc was responsible for screwing everything together and setting it up nicely.

The neck was bought right here on Basschat. It is a precision profile neck, 42mm wide at the nut, made from a lovely flamed maple with a rosewood board and rather nice binding along the edge.
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/251617084769?_mwBanner=1

The weight is 4.3kg on my bathroom scales

Condition-wise it's pretty good apart from a chip in the paintwork which you can see in the photo and some minor chips on the headstock.

I'm looking for £250 collected from Whitley Bay.

In order to post it I'd have to secure a sale with deposit, buy another bass and re-use the box from that for re-postage.

I'd also be open to trades offers for other basses, either a straight swap or cash your way for something a bit more expensive.

[attachment=211302:P1000839.JPG]
[attachment=211306:P1000846.JPG]
[attachment=211307:P1000848.JPG]
[attachment=211308:P1000841.JPG]
[attachment=211309:P1000842.JPG]
[attachment=211310:P1000840.JPG]

Edited by Davy

Pretty low by my standards but i'd be happy to take some height measurements above the fretboard if you had anywhere particular you wanted me to measure the action. Yes your just down the A19!

T
[quote name='Davy' timestamp='1454423846' post='2969604']
Pretty low by my standards but i'd be happy to take some height measurements above the fretboard if you had anywhere particular you wanted me to measure the action. Yes your just down the A19!
[/quote]

To be honest Davy as long as it's low and can potentially go lower if needs be I'd be ok with it, is that cream neck binding? How's the neck, P bass style is it and how chunky? Haha yeah just an hour up the glorious A19, my main route to what seems like evey gig!

[quote name='bass-a-licious' timestamp='1454446770' post='2969903']
Cream binding and dots. Wow, lovely!
Never seen an AllParts neck with this combination of features before though. Customized?
[/quote]
Your reply got me thinking about the neck again and I checked my old Build Diary thread and realised it is not in fact an All Parts neck. I bought it from basschat member "Rumple" and he kindly provided a link to the eBay seller he bought it from. http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/251617084769?_mwBanner=1

If I hadn't already had my CV Squier converted to a PJ, I'd be all over this!
I really like that binding :)
Why am I back here, looking at this? I mean, I already have something very similar lol
Again GLWTS :)