Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Classic 60s Jazz Bass ooooh shiny
£450

nige1968

[attachment=211395:IMG_0588.jpg]

[url="https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ngkb1o3y309iib8/AAC3jHmMzU9kGieBYv2G9mf8a"]Many big pics on Dropbox[/url]

This is an almost immaculate (read on), very shiny Fender Classic 60s Jazz Bass (made in Mexico), Olympic white with tort guard and all the vintage bits and pieces you could possibly want to look like someone from 1963.

Pickups upgraded to EMG JVs, which are full of vintage growl but devoid of single-coil hum. Battery's under the bell plate.

A particularly well stuck together example, with none of the gaping neck pockets or misaligned tuner bushings you sometimes get on Mex Fenders. It has a really nice dark, grainy rosewood board and the frets have been stoned so you could no doubt get the action as low as humanly possible.

I've fitted a (purely cosmetic) genuine Fender grounding strip and will throw in a genuine Fender tug bar if you want.

I said almost immaculate -- [i]there are a couple of newly discovered dings on the bottom edge (shown in photos)[/i]; and at some point the screws went into the neck joint a bit firmly and cracked some of the paint around the screwholes. I've since hidden it all under a new neckplate with plastic washer, so it can't be detected, but if you're looking to buy, you'll want to know. Again, see Dropbox pics.

At any rate, this is still a gorgeous-looking bass which you're welcome to inspect if you're in Hove.

Price is £450 ([url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-60s-jazz-bass-olympic-white/15782"]new ones are £750 in the shops[/url] but you knew that). Allow £20 or so for postage. Or come round and pick up in person.

I'm skint so not looking for trades on this. But still feel free to offer just in case ... :-0

[i]<edit: updated condition information>[/i]

Edited by nige1968

• 2 weeks later...