Why become a member? ×

Is there an app for bass chat?

AlpherMako4

The mobile version (like everything designed to run on a phone) is OK for browsing, but trying to post anything more complex than a couple of sentences of text is simply too time consuming and complicated, so I stick to looking at Basschat on a proper computer.

Edited by BigRedX

I think it depends on your mobile, mines a bit rubbish for internet stuff in general, but the mobile version of the site is generally excellent on my Kindle Fire.

(Apart from not being able to watch embedded youtube vids since the last software 'upgrade' but thats entirely a problem with the Kindle, not Basschat).

Top tip:

In the mobile version there is no "view new content" - at least I can't find it.

If you're on mobile you can bookmark the following link. Voila!

http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums&setAsMobile=1

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1454671467' post='2971836'] Top tip: In the mobile version there is no "view new content" - at least I can't find it. If you're on mobile you can bookmark the following link. Voila! http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums&setAsMobile=1 [/quote]

On mine, I click on the 4 white squares icon in the top right, which brings up a menu including a "New content" button...

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1454580294' post='2970916']
I've recently bought an iPod touch ( same size as a phone) and I can't get the mobile version on it but I can my phone?? My phone will change from full site to mobile site but the options not there on the pod. Any ideas?
[/quote]

That may be because of the screen resolution which the site uses to determine whether to offer up the mobile version - it's quite high for a phone-sized screen, more like a 7" tablet.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1454844727' post='2973381']

That may be because of the screen resolution which the site uses to determine whether to offer up the mobile version - it's quite high for a phone-sized screen, more like a 7" tablet.
[/quote]ah thanks Tauzero, so there's not much I can do about that is there?