Why become a member? ×

DV247

ambient

I've ordered stuff off them quite a few times. I just ordered a set of Thomastik flats for my Roscoe. They're a great price there, £54 for a 6 string set, most places charge £70 upwards.

Anyway, they were ordered Wednesday lunchtime, instead of just popping them in the post 1st class, they've sent them by UPS.

I'm told to expect them early next week.

So much for having them fitted in time for a gig Sunday evening.

The tracking shows they aren't even in UPS possession yet.

Very annoying.

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1454674869' post='2971900']
Did you order them online? If so then they are probably coming from Germany as they are a German owned company
[/quote]

I did yep, I didn't realise they were German.

It said they were in stock in branches, which is why I ordered them.

:)

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1454676233' post='2971933']
I did yep, I didn't realise they were German.

It said they were in stock in branches, which is why I ordered them.

:)
[/quote]
What about phoning the branch & get them to send & cancel the online order?

I've ordered a whammy bar from them which was quoted as delivery with 10 days. Latest update, early April! It's over £30 cheaper than anyone else and I'm not desperate for it, so I'm happy to wait. It is a bit annoying though.

Well they stopped replying to my emails about it. So I posted on Facebook about it, attaching a screenshot of the tracking that hasn't updated since Wednesday afternoon.

They've now sent me a message on Facebook apologising, and offering to refund the shipping charges. The strings are coming from Germany, despite the website saying that they're in stock at shops over here.

It's very annoying, I was hoping they'd be here for a gig I have on Sunday.

I paid £54 for them, they're £79 at Strings direct, but I think Strings direct have better customer service.

[quote name='roman_sub' timestamp='1454686051' post='2972079']
I try to avoid DV247 at all times, they come across as cusomer-unfriendly. On occasion, they are the cheapest ones around, though...
[/quote]

They certainly are customer unfriendly. I resorted to posting on their Facebook page, then via Facebook messenger, my emails remain unanswered.

I bought a Tascam 24 track recorder from them late last year. It came with a European power supply.
I emailed them to let them know I couldn't use the unit.
After about a fortnight of the recorder sitting in its box (and them sending me a kettle lead, which was absolutely no use whatsoever!!), I snapped and told them that if they weren't going to send me a UK power supply, I would send them a Tascam 24 track recorder.

After much mithering and a rather descriptive post on their Facebook page which really set them worrying, I finally got one.

Recently I ordered a footswitch for said beastie. After a while I emailed them to ask where it was.
They said they had emailed me to let me know that it was coming from Germany, and I would have it by the end of January.
Of course that email arrived.

I am a bit fed up with them.

Edited by 12stringbassist

[quote name='Skybone' timestamp='1454925037' post='2974123']
You may as well have ordered the strings from Thomann, and they would have turned up sooner.
[/quote]

Yeah, I only notices that after I'd already ordered.

Still, they're arrived today. That's 5 days from Germany, including the weekend. My annoyance was that I was lead to believe that they'd be coming from the UK. Their website did say they were in stock at various branches, there was no mention of them having to come from Germany.

They've refunded the shipping charge too, so I got a 6 string set of TI flats, delivered for £54. That's £26 cheaper than from Strings direct.