Why become a member? ×

Performance Degree , Performance theme?

cris the man

Hi all,

Haven't been on here in ages. Great to be back!

I have recently started my 3rd year of my degree and I believe I am going to pick my final project to be on performance.

My performance has to have a theme, and I would love some input. I need to put together a 30 minute group performance.

I was thinking of picking my theme to be slap bass. I'm planning to chose pieces such as Mark King's Mr Pink and Marcus Miller's Run for Cover. If so, are there any other pieces I should pick (be it if i chose this theme at all).

Has any other bassist on here had to deliver a performance like this?

Any advice would be great!

Cheers!

Chris

I'm doing my degree in performance industries through AMBA - uni of wolverhampton. The performance doesn't have to be original material for us, as thats incorporated in a different aspect - songwriting.

I'm torn between doing that or risking it and taking on a dissertation (being an in-depth analysis on dream theater's metropolis pt2. scenes from a memory) :/

Look at the assessment criteria and marking scheme first, and have a chat with one of the tutors that assesses these performances to make sure that you are not misinterpreting the assessment guidelines. They might have some important insights into what makes the difference between fail, pass and distinction from a marking perspective.